Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrannieSmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
City of Medicine
I have a unibody MacBook (actually just got it last week; the Sony Vaio laptop I've had for almost four years is finally on its way out - so I'm converted now and LOVING IT) with the Speck SeeThru hard case on it. I'd like to know (and I've looked, so if I missed this please don't shoot me) if the Zeroshock sleeve fits over this case.

I'm not a big computer geek but I find everyone's posts interesting - loved the thread about the MacBook/MacBook Air screen swap!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm not 100% sure about these 2 combinations of things, but it should. Those sleeves aren't THAT tight.

In my opinion, if you have a sleeve, you don't need a protective case or plastic to protect the outside of the laptop. The chances of damage occurring while the laptop is just sitting on a desk, with you working on it is VERY small. Miniscule. You have a better chance of spilling a drink on it than something physically damaging the outside aluminium. Besides the very low risk of damage, your laptop looks far better without any external shells. If you're going to protect the laptop from something, a keyboard cover is probably more practical.

When you're done with it and want to put it away, just put it into the sleeve. It's even better than the hard case, IMO, since the Zeroshock is made out of a terrific impact-absorbing foam.

GrannieSmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
City of Medicine
I'm more than a bit anal about my new computer at the moment, though (and probably more than a bit overzealous about protecting it)! :p

I appreciate the advice (and will be ordering that sleeve)!

daisun

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2009
This is probably a bit late since you've already ordered it but, just to let you know that there is still some room in the sleeve after putting a naked macbook alu in there. So there should be no problem fitting the same macbook with a hard plastic cover on it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.