Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cash4chaos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
campbell ca
Hi all I Just purchased a new 2.4 aluminum macbook on Saturday and noticed how much better my screen is to a friends late 08 2.4 aluminum. I checked it against a friends new Air and it looked the Same. Has Apple upgraded the screens to new macbooks? :confused:

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Hi all I Just purchased a new 2.4 aluminum macbook on Saturday and noticed how much better my screen is to a friends late 08 2.4 aluminum. I checked it against a friends new Air and it looked the Same. Has Apple upgraded the screens to new macbooks? :confused:

I honestly have no idea, however because my MacBook got an iLife '09 drop-in DVD, I assume its manufacturing date is in 2008 also. However, I don't know how I can check so I can have a basis for my comparison to someone elses MacBook.

kraftzwerg

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2005

That would be very interesting!
What does it say in the Graphics / Display section of the System Profiler?
Can you post a screen shot?

cash4chaos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
campbell ca
Here's the info

Manufacturer 00000610

Model 00009C89

Still could not find a name for the manufacturer , but screen does look just like a air screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.