Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cky923

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I just got back from the king of prussia mall apple store and my ipod touch wouldn't charge
even 2 months over the warranty they replaced it free of charge (not even restocking fee)
the man's name was robert
i am so happy right now and would recommend apple products to ANYONE

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
My wife's HDD on her MacBook went out about a week after warranty expired, the genius didn't even hesitate replacing it. We forgot to take the OS install disk with us so they just upgraded her to Leopard free of charge!

The really cool thing was that there was this other lady there with a similar problem, she was over a year outside of warranty and they still replaced her HDD free of charge!

Apple really knows how to take care of their customers. And I'll bet that's a huge part of why they have such loyal ones.

SLC

ceezy3000

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
The Valley!!
My wife's HDD on her MacBook went out about a week after warranty expired, the genius didn't even hesitate replacing it. We forgot to take the OS install disk with us so they just upgraded her to Leopard free of charge!

The really cool thing was that there was this other lady there with a similar problem, she was over a year outside of warranty and they still replaced her HDD free of charge!

Apple really knows how to take care of their customers. And I'll bet that's a huge part of why they have such loyal ones.

SLC

not in all places, i used to think they were the best but i have yet to seen this proven in my experiences

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Nice stories. :)

A few years ago, I had some issues with my PowerBook 15. Unfortunately it was past the AppleCare warranty. After I mentioned that I really needed the PowerBook because of Classic support, and did not want a MacBook Pro replacement (they had just been released) they did a major overhaul of it including replacing the logic board, keyboard and a few other items.

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
It's seems only fair that Apple would go the extra mile in providing good service--we are paying top-dollar for their products (which are top quality and well worth it). I imagine that not all Apple agents would have been willing to replace something that was outside of warranty, but I don't know that with certainty because I have never had to return anything for service. Anyway, congrats on getting the battery replaced free and feeling happy.

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2008
Puts alot more faith into Apple Care for me. I have not purchased it yet, I have until September, but the things I read like this, the more I assure myself I am going to get it.

Its nice to hear a change of pace from the "I hate the Genius that...."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.