Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aidricksdad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Round Rock
I was looking thru the app store for i way to manage what movies i have and what i want i found a couple of apps but neither seems to work to well and body have an other ideas or know of other apps i might have missed. the two are movie catalog and dvd dash
thanx peeps

Nanook

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2008
LA, CA
If you have a Mac, DVDpedia is a great desktop program that syncs with their iPhone app, Pocketpedia. I believe Pocketpedia can run as a standalone, but I wouldn't want to enter a collection of any size on it, alone.

If you have a Mac, DVDpedia is a great desktop program that syncs with their iPhone app, Pocketpedia. I believe Pocketpedia can run as a standalone, but I wouldn't want to enter a collection of any size on it, alone.

I actually did enter my collection (~500 titles). It wasn't so bad when spreading the work over a week or two. Unfortunately, I had to restore my iPod not long after and for whatever reason the backup didn't take. I put PocketPedia back on the iPod intending to do the entry again but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the work unless I could be sure a backup would work (I run Windows so DVDpedia's not an option). I've since deleted the app from my iPod, but I keep it in iTunes so that I keep the updated version. Maybe eventually...

aidricksdad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Round Rock
My husband (who has 2000+ titles) just saw this thread and made a worrying sound that suggested he was intrigued. Sounds like another project to drive me crazy!

tell him to make sure his new app can get all the info(cover art,actors, whatnot) from the internet other wise i can just use anyone of the 500 list apps

Four20

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2007
I agree with them, Pocketpedia is the best for organizing your media collection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.