PDA

View Full Version : Trip to France - any PAYG suggestions?

fabian9
Feb 17, 2009, 03:38 PM
Hi All,

I'm going skiing in France soon and I'll probably buy myself a pay as you go SIM when I'm there so that I don't have to spend crazy amount of money on roaming charges.

I'm sure there are many people on this forum who are either French or have been to France recently. So I'm wondering if anybody could recommend any french pay as you go SIM cards that I can use. It'd be great if there was one with free/cheap 3G data but I do realize that's a lot to ask from a pay as you go SIM.

Thanks a lot!

Fabian

Jailbird1818
Feb 17, 2009, 05:20 PM
I bought a cheap motorolla phone from Orange while I was there, my BB was still locked then. Orange seemed to have very good coverage and I was able to buy credits just about anywhere. If your phone is unlocked they will sell you just the SIM. Hope this helps.

-JB

fabian9
Feb 17, 2009, 06:01 PM
I bought a cheap motorolla phone from Orange while I was there, my BB was still locked then. Orange seemed to have very good coverage and I was able to buy credits just about anywhere. If your phone is unlocked they will sell you just the SIM. Hope this helps.

-JB

Thanks for your reply JB. My iphone is unlocked so I can use it with any SIM, it's just a matter of finding one that'll hopefully also give me cheap 3G internet on the go! :)