Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whiternoise

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
I've been using my 2.4 Alu Macbook for the past few weeks with no problems, i've got no suck pixels, it's built like a brick outhouse, and so on.

But, and there's one but, the headphone socket seems to be appallingly bad. It doesn't hold jacks in very well and it's getting pretty annoying.

For instance, i got a pair of AudioEngine A2 speakers and the cable they provide is a basic 3.5mm cable. When i try to plug it into my macbook i have to make sure it's really jammed in (difficult because there's no "click" like on just about every other device i own) and so it's really easy for it to fall out.

Is this a common problem or do i need to speak to Apple about it?

Thanks

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
That def sounds like a problem, I sometimes have a hard time getting mine out of the socket. Mine is very snug.

ragnvaldster

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2009
Oslo, Norway
I've got two sets of headphones that I use with my mac. With one of them, some WE/SC headphones, I experience exactly the same as you. No "click" and they fall out easily. My Koss Portapros on the other hand fit perfectly into the socket. The problem with the WE/SC ones seems to be that their jack is slightly longer than the Portapros. Annoying, but I don't think it's a defect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.