PDA

View Full Version : iBook upgrade for operating system

uaealesi
Feb 18, 2009, 03:48 PM
Help please! Can I upgrade my ibook 10.2.8 OS X to a higher version? If so how? If not, better to get a new computer? I was trying to install a broadband modem but requires OS of 10.3 or higher. I'm not computer savvy but can understand enough to get by, as long as it's plain English. I want to be able to use my laptop to access the internet, anywhere & anytime.
Thanks. :)

bozz2006
Feb 18, 2009, 03:52 PM
you can upgrade easily. i don't know if leopard is the best choice (10.5). if it were me, i'd go with tiger (10.4). all you have to do is purchase a retail OSX disc.

check out deals on ebay (http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items/Software__osx-tiger_W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_sacatZ18793QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282)

Tallest Skil
Feb 18, 2009, 03:54 PM
Eh? Try just hooking all of the Internet connections together appropriately and then plugging the Ethernet cable into the iBook.

It should work without anything needing installed.

JamesGorman
Feb 18, 2009, 04:03 PM
Eh? Try just hooking all of the Internet connections together appropriately and then plugging the Ethernet cable into the iBook.

i believe he wants wireless? i may be wrong lol, but thats what i thought after reading through the post

uaealesi
Feb 19, 2009, 10:02 AM
I appreciate the help. Thank you. I'll look into it. I appreciate the help.
Have a great day.
Uaealesi :)

you can upgrade easily. i don't know if leopard is the best choice (10.5). if it were me, i'd go with tiger (10.4). all you have to do is purchase a retail OSX disc.

check out deals on ebay (http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items/Software__osx-tiger_W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_sacatZ18793QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282)

uaealesi
Feb 19, 2009, 10:04 AM
Yes, I got on the internet that way but I wanted to go wireless.. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
Have a great day.
Uaealesi :)