Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpnitey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Keynote 09 images are not particularly clear on screen using a Sharp XH PH70X projector.
Desk Top and Screen Saver images are exceptionally clear. These are the same images!
Have matched resolution to the projector (1024 / 768)

JPNitey

jpnitey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Keynote and projector

thanks for the reply
seems like the image is simply not as good a quality as that on the desk top - maybe I am just being overly fussy!

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Yeah, it's not going to be as good. Think about this logically for a second: if you have 1024x768 pixels on a 13/15-inch screen, then you take those same 1024x768 pixels and put them on a 60/100-inch screen, then the pixels are logically going to be much larger. As an example, if the pixels were one mm on the smaller display (which is a good bit larger then they actually are, but just to make the math easier), then on the larger display they would be approximately 4-6mm, depending on the actual relative measurements. That is why the projector will always look blurrier unless you can get a very high resolution one.

jW

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The other possible issue is that the projector resolution is not the same as the one you set for Keynote when you created the presentation. This is a frequent source of pixelated projected images. Also, if you are truly fussy about this, and you have access to the projector, I'd recommend creating a ColorSync profile for it.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
thanks for the reply
seems like the image is simply not as good a quality as that on the desk top - maybe I am just being overly fussy!

What are the slide size? Default is 1024x768 but perhaps you have them at a different setting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.