Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tony tt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
so i went an bought a touch,,and it's doing the same thing as the one i bought before. i had a windows pc but now have a mac. some of the guys here said it would work smoother. all the artists and songs aren't organized the way i want them. eg...ac/dc songs under "artist" are ac/dc ac-dc and acdc. how do i edit the names so they are all in one artist folder. i have alot like this and it's annoying.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
so i went an bought a touch,,and it's doing the same thing as the one i bought before. i had a windows pc but now have a mac. some of the guys here said it would work smoother. all the artists and songs aren't organized the way i want them. eg...ac/dc songs under "artist" are ac/dc ac-dc and acdc. how do i edit the names so they are all in one artist folder. i have alot like this and it's annoying.

- Change iTunes to Grid View, and choose it to display by artist.
- Find the different variants of that artist (so find ac/dc, ac-dc, acdc, etc).
- Hold down the Command button and select every one of these variants of AC/DC (a blue box will appear around the album art when they're selected).
- Press Command+I, press "Yes", and Get Info will open.
- In both "Artist" and "Album Artist", type in "AC/DC" (or whatever you want the artist to be), and press OK.
- Confirm you want to change the names, wait for it to process, then sync your iPod.

The tracks should all now be organised as being by the same artist.

FYI, with something like this it doesn't matter if you have a Windows PC or a Mac; it's nothing to do with the program, as the Artist is user-defined (as in, it's something that you have control over).

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
i didnt really find the ipod to work a whole lot better on a mac than pc...both worked fine via itunes (maybe your pc was just slower therefore it appeared the ipod was acting weird...pcs are likely to do that...act slow)

tony tt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
ok thanks..that was a big help. much more organized now lol. and yes,,,i noticed it didn't operate really any different. it's ust to bad you couldn't just copy/paste like all other mp3 players

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.