Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
I'm game for a topic in here (I picked sports because I've got an arena football team client now). Suggestions are appreciated and encouraged for photo "theme" threads - but don't feel my suggestion of a topic confines you to only that subject matter. It's nice to see such a healthy thread live so long in so many incantations.

and with that... happy shooting! :D

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Mudbug said:
I'm game for a topic in here (I picked sports because I've got an arena football team client now). Suggestions are appreciated and encouraged for photo "theme" threads - but don't feel my suggestion of a topic confines you to only that subject matter. It's nice to see such a healthy thread live so long in so many incantations.

and with that... happy shooting! :D

Wow, Photography X! Where's Tazo? He dreamed of the 10th incarnation....

I'll get us started with a heavily photoshopped beach panorama...healing brush is an excellent tool....
storm.jpg

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
alphaone said:
I really like that. Good job.

Thanks! It probably took more time to use photomerge to get it pretty close than it took to actually fix up the waves....I still had to fix up the water level in the rightmost pic though since it got messed up somehow...

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
zync said:
Wow, Photography X! Where's Tazo? He dreamed of the 10th incarnation....

I'll get us started with a heavily photoshopped beach panorama...healing brush is an excellent tool....
storm.jpg

damn zync, that's nice. ;)

good job man...

peace.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Nice zync, very nice. We've had some ugly weather lately, but you made it look better.

I was practicing at the wrestling practice the other night and got this shot, which I thought had a neut look to it.

Attachments

• P3230148.jpg
    P3230148.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 244

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
bousozoku said:
Nice zync, very nice. We've had some ugly weather lately, but you made it look better.

I was practicing at the wrestling practice the other night and got this shot, which I thought had a neut look to it.

correction... now it has a neut look to it ;):

wrestling_remix.jpg

thanks for the image man. :D

peace.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
neut said:
correction... now it has a neut look to it ;):

thanks for the image man. :D

peace.

You're too much. I like it though. I just don't think I like the filter enough to buy one of my own. :D

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Thanks for your comments on my picture! Oh and it wasn't shot recently bousozoku! It was actually back in like July :D I think I should probably make a big print of it....

yahooz

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2004
Not up to the rest of you pros, but I thought this one came out cool :cool:

Attachments

• droplet-2-res.jpg
    droplet-2-res.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 293

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
yahooz said:

I think the composition is quite good. It's a shame you couldn't shoot it at a smaller aperture to increase depth of field. At risk of blurry the people because of long exposure (which could look good) you'd get more perspective in the image from the window frame. Just my $0.02.

Good pic tho.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
yahooz said:

Most of us aren't pros and your pic is pretty cool....it could've had slightly more DOF but that's about it...and yeah, a motion blur might be cool with the entire window in focus, but I think that would've been hard for him if he didn't have manual aperture controls or an ND filter....

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
yahooz said:

To heck with depth of field--the rain drops are sharp. If you want you could play with this idea and make a better raindrop background/crop.

Attachments

• drop.jpg
    drop.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 244

yahooz

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2004
wow :) Thanks for commenting guys! :cool:

Here is another take on my original shot. What do you think?

Attachments

• droplet-2-res.jpg
    droplet-2-res.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 233

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
zync said:
Thanks for your comments on my picture! Oh and it wasn't shot recently bousozoku! It was actually back in like July :D I think I should probably make a big print of it....

It looked like that over here this week--well, without the tweaks. ;)

yahooz:

Hey, I'm not a prostitute. :D

I think your photo is fine. You can do some selecting and blurring just parts of it to make it more interesting.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
yahooz said:
wow :) Thanks for commenting guys! :cool:

Here is another take on my original shot. What do you think?

It's cool but if you're going to crop with a blur, do it all around :)

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
yahooz said:

Yahooz: More raindrop adjustments in the sports thread. Print as giclée and put it up for sale. :p You could work on photos like this forever and each person would have different and even multiple ideas.

Zync: your seascape is really a beauty! It would be fun to see the images that made it up before you stitched it together.

Attachments

• Raindrops.jpg
    Raindrops.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 213

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
mnkeybsness said:
I used a my own modified version of "Lomoize" to get the following effect...

HA! didn't see yours till after i posted... i like how you brought out the colors :). Though, i do hate folowing other peoples techniques or using actions; i feel each picture calls for something slightly different and actions make me lazy. :D

i still got my favorite filters, of course (as most of you already know). ;)

peace.

idkew

macrumors 68020
well, i might as well join this tenth incarnation.

here is one with the theme i mind. a very unappealing b-ball hoop. plus, a couple more i fancy. :)

it was a grey day in chicago, as most of us midwesterners know. hard to get good color and contrast. but, wow, was it a great temp. i was hot with jeans an a t-shirt!

oh- zync- really like the shot at the top of the page. nice work.

Attachments

• IMG_3784.jpg
    IMG_3784.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3741.jpg
    IMG_3741.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3794.jpg
    IMG_3794.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 214

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
zync said:

Was the water really that green? It looks awesome, but I've never seen water that green, yet still so clear... Where I'm from, if the water's green, it's kinda murky too. Excellent shot zync!

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
G4scott said:
Was the water really that green? It looks awesome, but I've never seen water that green, yet still so clear... Where I'm from, if the water's green, it's kinda murky too. Excellent shot zync!

Thanks guys for all the comments on the picture! Actually the water is pretty close to that green color...this was actually taken in a city called clearwater....it's usually pretty clear but I bet it wasn't after that storm rolled in! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.