PDA

View Full Version : Ibook G4 Finder Help!!!!!! (Lost)

fliptop
Feb 19, 2009, 08:54 AM
Hey, I have a IBook G4 and a few days ago it started acting Wacko:eek:
The finder keeps popping up for no reason! I can be in the middle of typing and out of nowhere the finder pops up! I contacted apple and they said they couldn't Identify the problem!!!!!! (it just did it again) at the top where the menu bar is located one minute it will show firefox menu or safari (whichever I am using at the time) and then the next minute it changes to the finder menu:eek: It just did it again! can someone help pleeeeeeeeeease!

alexbates
Feb 19, 2009, 09:00 AM
One thing you should always try is restarting, unless you do it ever so often.

Maybe you are having a problem with the trackpad. It might be clicking on accident for some reason.

fliptop
Feb 19, 2009, 09:08 AM
The trackpad works fine and I restart the computer aleast once or twice a day. Is there somewhere in the finder menu where I can trouble shoot?
Thanks!

NewMacbookPlz
Feb 19, 2009, 06:01 PM
Sure you didn't accidentally map a keyboard shortcut as an "open finder" command?

Himmu
Mar 21, 2009, 03:53 PM
Hi,
mine is doing the same thing. Even when not typing.
Did you manage to find a fix for this?

I found couple of other people on the forum with the same problem, but no one has solutions.
Would greatly appreciate help on this!

Thanks

Himmu
Mar 21, 2009, 05:27 PM
Found a solution! The problem is caused by the new security update - and seems to bug especially the 10.4.11.

Here instructions copy-pasted:

"It seems all to be linked to Stuffit and a preference called Stuffit AVR (Archive Via Rename): In your system preferences go to the bottom and click on the Stuffit AVR option. Click the Stuffit AVR tab
on the left, and click the "STOP" button. This should do the trick. For some reason this is cycling through our desktop/finder and causing the jumping"

Worked for me! :)