PDA

View Full Version : Sync Documents/folder from laptop to iPod Classic

LERsince1991
Feb 19, 2009, 01:06 PM
I use my iPod Classic for a lot of things on a daily basis. it means I dont have to take my laptop in school, I have all the files, pictures and documents I need for when I may need them at school.

I have alsways just been copying and pasting files that I have changed or added onto and from the iPod Hard Drive. Now I use the files so much I always loose track of what I have updated and haven't and end up without the files I need when at school.

Is there a program that can keep my laptop and iPod folders up to date by syncing just the changed, added and deleted files. iTunes can sync quite a few things but not documents and folders which is annoying. A well needed update I feel as the iPod is increasingly becoming a nessecisty in a lot of peoples every day lives.

Can anyone reccomend a method or program that I could use?

Cheers. Luke.

LERsince1991
Feb 22, 2009, 05:05 AM
So am I dreaming because this seems like a pretty sound request?

reubs
Feb 22, 2009, 09:01 AM
To be fair, you're asking it to do something that it's not designed for.

As for what you're wanting, my solution has been to use Google Docs so that I can work on the same things at home and at work; now, if you don't have internet access that's a big problem.

As for another suggestion, I don't have anything else.

Good luck!

Sesshi
Feb 22, 2009, 12:20 PM
Chronosync is a favourite of most and there's Deja Vu, which I think is cheaper.

SLC Flyfishing
Feb 22, 2009, 12:31 PM
Do you use a Mac?

SLC

LERsince1991
Feb 22, 2009, 12:39 PM
I dont use a mac at the moment but will do from the 22nd march (fingers crossed) I'd be interested in solutions for a mac and a pc though.

Thanks for the software stated I'll have a look shortly

Cheers
Luke.

Sesshi
Feb 22, 2009, 01:31 PM
For Windows there's a simple free option: Synctoy from Microsoft themselves.

LERsince1991
Feb 27, 2009, 10:47 AM
For Windows there's a simple free option: Synctoy from Microsoft themselves.

Thats perfect until I get my macbook, and when i do get it I will try out the programs stated here.

Thanks a lot!
Sorted :)