PDA

View Full Version : Best battery for 15 Inch Aluminum PowerBook

dmmcintyre3
Feb 19, 2009, 02:09 PM
What is the best longest lasting (per charge and number of cycles) for my PowerBook. I have read so many bad reviews for the Apple batteries although the orig. is actually older than my PowerBook (blame that on Wegenermedia)(PowerBook is week 29 2005 battery is week 18 2004) and has lasted 618 cycles and has 3380 ma of 4400 ma. What battery should I buy. I know newertech has a longer lasting battery than Apple that is supposed to last longer between replacements but I had one fail compleatly on my iBook but then a week later the org apple failed but then I discovered they both work if I shimmed the battery connector. Funny I had to shim the logic board too.

timish
Feb 19, 2009, 05:29 PM
What is the best longest lasting (per charge and number of cycles) for my PowerBook. I have read so many bad reviews for the Apple batteries although the orig. is actually older than my PowerBook (blame that on Wegenermedia)(PowerBook is week 29 2005 battery is week 18 2004) and has lasted 618 cycles and has 3380 ma of 4400 ma. What battery should I buy. I know newertech has a longer lasting battery than Apple that is supposed to last longer between replacements but I had one fail compleatly on my iBook but then a week later the org apple failed but then I discovered they both work if I shimmed the battery connector. Funny I had to shim the logic board too.

The Apple battery per the facts you posted above.

dmmcintyre3
Feb 20, 2009, 11:15 AM
I do not know if this battery had been rebuilt before I bought it with my PowerBook because I find it hard to believe it lasted this long. I can also find other batterys that last longer than the Apple ones do.

Apple = 50 watt hour

Newertech = 55.5 watt hour

The newertech i bought for the iBook outlasted the computer