Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjggonzalez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Everytime I start skype while in windows, the computer crashes and I get the blue screen... I think it has to do with the sound drivers, because when I'm using msn messenger also in windows suddenly the microphone mutes itself..
I tryed updating the realtek drivers with no help, updated skype, no help, I uninstalled the realtek drivers and the laptop did not crash anymore but I had no sound, any advice like for example how to get the microsoft drivers to work on the laptop without using realtek??
For whatever reason with the microsoft drivers,I think the sound is trying to come out of the digital outlet, I can see the ligth inside the jack, but nothing comes out of the laptop's speakers...
By the way, the vista version is Home basic.
Thanks

rjggonzalez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
The vista version is better... same with msn messenger, plus I want the laptop to work as intended, not getting dump crashes every time I start an application...

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
The vista version is better... same with msn messenger, plus I want the laptop to work as intended, not getting dump crashes every time I start an application...

Right... then why did you buy a MacBook? :rolleyes:

Also, what crashes are you talking about when starting an application?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
If you want it to work as intended then USE the Mac version! An Apple computer has no designation to play nice with a foreign OS.

I'd like to help but I haven't a clue what the problem is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.