PDA

View Full Version : Powermac G4 will not login - kernel panic?

uramoose
Feb 19, 2009, 04:17 PM
I just acquired a powermac g4 quicksilver from a friend..he installed leopard os x on it, but said that he has been getting an error message when the login screen comes on - You need to restart your computer...

So I decided to try it and still same thing.

I'm not that familiar with macs and error messages...does anyone know what the cause of this is?

I tried to reinstall Leopard and it won't even boot up from the DVD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

simplymuzik3
Feb 19, 2009, 04:45 PM
im not sure whats causing it, but you should run tiger on your powermac. I currently use a dual 800 quicksilver with 1.5gb ram on tiger, and it works extremely well. I think leopard will work okay, but on older macs, tiger works like a charm. Sorry for not answering your question, but I just thought I should share my opinion with you.

uramoose
Feb 19, 2009, 04:53 PM
im not sure whats causing it, but you should run tiger on your powermac. I currently use a dual 800 quicksilver with 1.5gb ram on tiger, and it works extremely well. I think leopard will work okay, but on older macs, tiger works like a charm. Sorry for not answering your question, but I just thought I should share my opinion with you.

yeah i agree - i just wish i had a copy. he gave me a retail leopard disk...errr the aggravation.