PDA

View Full Version : I Met Obama Today!

felt.
Feb 20, 2009, 12:52 AM
well he was visiting in ottawa today and I got to meet the man, after he made a completely unscheduled stop on his trip from parliament to the airport. First saw him drive by slowly in his limo (which has very clear windows so you can get a good look at him), then chased after the limo with a few photographers until they stopped and got out. He was very nice and was saying hi to everyone and shaking peoples hands (random strangers who just happened to be there at the time.., since no one knew he would be there). Some of the reactions of the females was quite fun.. like you see in the beatles landing in america video :D Secret service must have been having a blast tho..I couldnt help but keep thinking how risky it was for him to be doing that. Anyways just glad i could meet "the One" in the flesh..
story about it @ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/19/obama-in-ottawa-makes-sur_n_168343.html

kainjow
Feb 20, 2009, 05:57 AM
"Obama tries to pay for some maple leaf cookies, but the baker refuses his money." :D

Keebler
Feb 20, 2009, 07:07 AM
well he was visiting in ottawa today and I got to meet the man, after he made a completely unscheduled stop on his trip from parliament to the airport. First saw him drive by slowly in his limo (which has very clear windows so you can get a good look at him), then chased after the limo with a few photographers until they stopped and got out. He was very nice and was saying hi to everyone and shaking peoples hands (random strangers who just happened to be there at the time.., since no one knew he would be there). Some of the reactions of the females was quite fun.. like you see in the beatles landing in america video :D Secret service must have been having a blast tho..I couldnt help but keep thinking how risky it was for him to be doing that. Anyways just glad i could meet "the One" in the flesh..
story about it @ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/19/obama-in-ottawa-makes-sur_n_168343.html

that's cool. i had my camera ready to snap a pic of air force one, but with the cloud cover, I didn't see it! doh!

GGGUUUYYY
Feb 20, 2009, 08:30 AM
people get so giddy and we live in a different country.
:confused::confused:

No1451
Feb 20, 2009, 10:49 AM
Not all of us! That guy is a jerk, because of his flight out holding up planes my friend who works at the airport didn't make it for movie night.

*shakes fist*

OttawaGuy
Feb 20, 2009, 10:53 AM
It took me 1 hour and 40 minutes to drive home yesterday due to Bronson being closed to traffic. That was after he was already at the airport.
Still it was great to have him here. I hope he comes back in warmer weather.