PDA

View Full Version : MacBook 13" - Harddisk dead!

Pucas
Feb 20, 2009, 01:37 AM
Hey you

The other day my MacBook just went dead. I had been doing some proxies on my school and i had installed Safari 4 (developers edition).
Anyway. My MacBook froze, so i did hold the power-button. My MB shut down, but it did not want to wake again. I discovered the "click" sound from the harddisc, so it means it's dead?

Anyone who has tried this? I've got the 3 years warrenty, so i guess it will cover?

// P

scienide09
Feb 20, 2009, 09:41 AM
If you MB doesn't have any obvious signs of damage (including spills) and you're under warranty, you should be covered. I hope you had a backup...

Call/take it to Apple.

Pucas
Feb 20, 2009, 02:21 PM
I've got a backup, but it is from 02 january, because Time Machine crashed all the time.. ;<

- But i will send my MB asap, maybe they can get some of the data from my HD?

acfusion29
Feb 20, 2009, 03:11 PM
Try pulling the battery for about 10-15 seconds and then power it up.

For some reason, each time my harddrive started to click, I did this and it cured it for a little. So if your able to boot into Mac OS X, backup everything.

Hope it works out :)

scienide09
Feb 20, 2009, 06:19 PM
- But i will send my MB asap, maybe they can get some of the data from my HD?

I don't think Apple's big into recovering client data. But hey, it never hurts to ask.

aluminumapple
Feb 20, 2009, 09:56 PM
I don't think Apple's big into recovering client data. But hey, it never hurts to ask.

ya its pretty much true, they dont recover any lost data. it happened with my white book once where my HDD stopped for no reason and when i asked them if i could get any data back they just said " sorry we cannot do that we can only do that if you are transferring data from pc to mac at first purchase. we do not do any favors for personal reasons." i was Stunned and realized i should never get the 3 year warranty.