Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cali3350

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Hey guys, after a lot of thinking I ended up getting a new Aluminum Macbook! First Mac ever, so yay me!

Anyway, when I booted into windows the first time I put in the Leopard install disk and everything went fine. When i booted back into windows i noticed "SMBus controller" and "Coproccesser" were not installed correctly. I looked at the Boot Disk DVD, ran "NvidiaChipset.exe", and after a reboot everything was great!

Then I ran window Experience index and my HDD is getting a pathetic score of 2.0. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue and how/if they got it working again.

Thanks Guys!

MaskingTape

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
The hard drive in the macbook is a laptop hard drive that is only 5400 rpm. So it's going to get a low score. Only way to get a higher score is buying a 7200 rpm drive or a solid state drive.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hey guys, after a lot of thinking I ended up getting a new Aluminum Macbook! First Mac ever, so yay me!

Anyway, when I booted into windows the first time I put in the Leopard install disk and everything went fine. When i booted back into windows i noticed "SMBus controller" and "Coproccesser" were not installed correctly. I looked at the Boot Disk DVD, ran "NvidiaChipset.exe", and after a reboot everything was great!

Then I ran window Experience index and my HDD is getting a pathetic score of 2.0. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue and how/if they got it working again.

Thanks Guys!

Yes, its a common problem in MBs. There is a thread about it in Windows on a Mac Forum.

Apparently its a screw up of Windows, and the MBs HDD is more than enough. People have found the solution to this is troubleshoot through the whole thing.

fibrizo

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
I forget the fix for it... but I just ended up getting a 320gb 7200 rpm drive for 80 bux and that fixed it for me... my score is now 5.9

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
You have to delete all the files here:

C:\windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore

Then run the test again and your HDD index score should go up. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.