Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Why do use the Apple platform?

• Duh, whats a platform?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They look pretty.

• I have way more money then brains.

• Steve bribed me

• Legit - Graphics Design

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mach@8tr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
Does it matter??
I do not use a mac by choice only at work. Could someone help me to understand why there is so much hype surrounding Apple. The product they produce looks like a lambourgini but performs like an '88 chevette without a muffler...you know it starts when it's nice outside but as soon as there is any other influences good luck call your mechanic. I am absolutely puzzled as to why Apple is trying to promote themselves having a better product then Microsoft, it almost makes me laugh out loud, literally. "I'm a windows LAN admin and when I come home from the PC network at my employers I like to site down to a machine that I can rely on, my mac". Now it seems to be this is an oxymoronic statement. I hope he gets a flashing ?. If I had $2500 to burn I would buy an iBook simply because I am in the high end web design field and my clients base their opinions on aesthetics as all Apple users do and secondly because I want to see what a "cracked LCD will look like" LOL thank you AppleCare. This probably wouldn't work but the reps at Apple Support are a bunch of tools that have trouble exhausting two words from their mouth without apologizing for a screw up or defending Apple. I would appreciate any feedback as I am still trying to get into the "psyche" of the Apple user and find out why I havn't bought into it. Wait...maybe I'm wrong. Nope don't think so, I'm hitting the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Where's Alpha? I hope you're wearing your fire retardant suit... oh wait... no I don't!

Why did you bother to come here... if you don't like Macs there are other places you can go on the Internet, you know...

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: Apple has done it again

Originally posted by mach@8tr
If I had $2500 to burn I would buy an iBook simply because I am in the high end web...
Do you have a clue what your talking about? $2500 for an iBook, don't you mean PowerBook. I would be very p*ssed of to pay $2500 for a G3 iBook!

performs like an '88 chevette without a muffler
Are you kidding me? 15 Gigaflops is too slow for you huh? :p

I am absolutely puzzled as to why Apple is trying to promote themselves having a better product then Microsoft, it almost makes me laugh out loud, literally.
They reason they say they make a better product is quite simply because they DO!
OS X wipes the floor with WinXP in almost every way.

I fail to see the point of a post like this in a mac forum :rolleyes: Why??
If you want to slate apple then may I advise a winblows forum!?

mach@8tr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
Does it matter??
What is the logic?

No, I don't like macs. That is all the more reason I have to try and figure out the people that do. I am sick and tired of idiots with 5000 to blow on a computer buying a mac and thinking ooo! look at me I spent 5000 now where is the power button. Ease of use is the biggest selling point for Apple but I have yet to see it. Might I add that I have provided technical support for Apple and I know all the ins, outs and BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mach@8tr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
Does it matter??
No, I'm Stupid and I like to spout off

If I did not now what I was saying I would not say it. Hey guess what I am a windows LAN admin, a DJ and a freelance graphics artist, which I admit I prefer to use a mac for and I am also a web developer. It does go without question that the PowerPC processor is by far faster then any pentium,xeon or cytrix processor. But Apple does not make the processors. And by the way you may want to explore the Apple Store, you will find that there are Canadian customers and the iBook tweeked out is 2889. Lest YOU speak before u think.!! Anyone ever heard of fsck? If your running OS X you will!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.