Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbodreamer90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Hey everyone im new to mac. I bought a new MB UNIbody. I have been learning little by little day by day. I wanted to see if i could install Ubuntu v8.10 on a partition and go dual boot with it. I only used a 5 gb partition. Now when i start up t goes right to Ubuntu. I have been hitting the C button to change back to OSX. My Question is, Did I screw up and not install it right? Can I go back to default settings? Is it just a button i am missing to go back to OSX? I would love to go back to OSX. I just wanted it as a dual boot.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Hold down the Option (Alt) key during start up. This should bring up the boot selector...

turbodreamer90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Thanks a lot i was flipping out. How do i change it so it always goes to OSX with out hitting the Option button. and when i want to go into Ubuntu just by hitting the Option button:eek:.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Thanks a lot i was flipping out. How do i change it so it always goes to OSX with out hitting the Option button. and when i want to go into Ubuntu just by hitting the Option button:eek:.

System Preferences ---> Startup Disk

Set to the OS X drive.

Possibly?

I'm not sure as I don't dual boot.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
^^^

Correct

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.