PDA

View Full Version : Icon Shading Default? How To Remove?

bbrosemer
Feb 21, 2009, 04:25 PM
I just noticed that some apps don't have that pseudo default shading that when you submit an app it gets covered with. I wanted to know is there anyway to remove the default shading not just from the app store icon but from the icon itself when it is running on the device?

Jeremy1026
Feb 21, 2009, 05:29 PM
I just noticed that some apps don't have that pseudo default shading that when you submit an app it gets covered with. I wanted to know is there anyway to remove the default shading not just from the app store icon but from the icon itself when it is running on the device?

In your info.plist add the following BOOLEAN key: UIPrerenderedIcon and set it to FALSE

bbrosemer
Feb 21, 2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks a ton ... now will this do the same for the Icon that gets displayed on the web store because what I have noticed is they take that from the large Icon that you submit....

Jeremy1026
Feb 21, 2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks a ton ... now will this do the same for the Icon that gets displayed on the web store because what I have noticed is they take that from the large Icon that you submit....

In theory it will take it off the icon displayed in iTunes. But rare times it won't.

kingtan
Jan 3, 2011, 05:38 AM
sorry to dig this old thread up but i was googling on how to remove the shading as im creating a theme for it and ive been wondering all these times why some of the icons appear to have shadings on it.

what are the exact codes for me to put onto my info.plist?

thanks! :)

jnoxx
Jan 3, 2011, 06:07 AM
sorry to dig this old thread up but i was googling on how to remove the shading as im creating a theme for it and ive been wondering all these times why some of the icons appear to have shadings on it.

what are the exact codes for me to put onto my info.plist?

thanks! :)

Read like 3 posts back..

"In your info.plist add the following BOOLEAN key: UIPrerenderedIcon and set it to FALSE"