PDA

View Full Version : collect2: ld returned 1 exit status HELP!!!!!

joshsroka
Feb 21, 2009, 07:40 PM
I am trying to go from a tab project to another view through a button press, what is this error refering to? Do I need another framework? thanks in advance

Building target “PacersApp” of project “PacersApp” with configuration “Debug” — (1 error)
cd "/Volumes/Drobo/iPhone Apps/Pacers/PacersApp"
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.5
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator2.2.1.sdk "-L/Volumes/Drobo/iPhone Apps/Pacers/PacersApp/build/Debug-iphonesimulator" "-F/Volumes/Drobo/iPhone Apps/Pacers/PacersApp/build/Debug-iphonesimulator" -filelist "/Volumes/Drobo/iPhone Apps/Pacers/PacersApp/build/PacersApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/PacersApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/PacersApp.LinkFileList" -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -o "/Volumes/Drobo/iPhone Apps/Pacers/PacersApp/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/PacersApp.app/PacersApp"
ld: duplicate symbol .objc_class_name_UIView in /Volumes/Drobo/iPhone Apps/Pacers/PacersApp/build/PacersApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/PacersApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/FunRunsView.o and /Volumes/Drobo/iPhone Apps/Pacers/PacersApp/build/PacersApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/PacersApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/TrainingProgramView.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ld: duplicate symbol .objc_class_name_UIView in /Volumes/Drobo/iPhone Apps/Pacers/PacersApp/build/PacersApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/PacersApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/FunRunsView.o and /Volumes/Drobo/iPhone Apps/Pacers/PacersApp/build/PacersApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/PacersApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/TrainingProgramView.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build failed (1 error)

PhoneyDeveloper
Feb 22, 2009, 10:57 AM
The link error is duplicate symbol name. It says that the symbol

.objc_class_name_UIView

is present in both FunRunsView.o and TrainingProgramView.o.

I don't really understand how that can be. I assume that that symbol comes from the UIKit library and shouldn't be in your code. Is it possible that you have declared a class UIView in those files? At any rate there is something weird about those two source files that needs to be fixed. Is it possible that they both share a header file that is imported and declares something it shouldn't related to UIView?