Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
okay, weird problem.

the glass (screen) on my macbook seems to be slipping out a bit.

the rubber bumper thing that is on the edge of the glass is usually sticking above the surface of the glass. sometimes the left side of the glass pops out a bit. it isnt noticable by a camera (tried to take pics) but if you run your finger from the screen to the edge, you dont feel that "bump" on the black bumper. the glass can be pushed back in, but when you move the screen at all (opening or closing) it pops back out.

now, I know its a very minimal problem now, but is there any chance im going to open up my computer and the glass is going to slip out?

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
okay, weird problem.

the glass (screen) on my macbook seems to be slipping out a bit.

the rubber bumper thing that is on the edge of the glass is usually sticking above the surface of the glass. sometimes the left side of the glass pops out a bit. it isnt noticable by a camera (tried to take pics) but if you run your finger from the screen to the edge, you dont feel that "bump" on the black bumper. the glass can be pushed back in, but when you move the screen at all (opening or closing) it pops back out.

now, I know its a very minimal problem now, but is there any chance im going to open up my computer and the glass is going to slip out?

Wow! I've had the same problem. Check out my thread, I think we're experiencing the same thing.

The Apple store is going to be replacing my screen on Monday.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/648541/

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
whoa weird that its the left side for both of us..

its so weird, i can actually almost fit my nail under it when it is popped up. the glass feels very thin.

i hate dealing with mail in service :(

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
whoa weird that its the left side for both of us..

its so weird, i can actually almost fit my nail under it when it is popped up. the glass feels very thin.

i hate dealing with mail in service :(

Yeah, it's very thin. I was able to lift it out a bit more and there was a lot of dust trapped on the sides. I can see how dust got under peoples screen now. If one side is loose, all those dust particles would be flying in the middle everywhere.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Yeah, it's very thin. I was able to lift it out a bit more and there was a lot of dust trapped on the sides. I can see how dust got under peoples screen now. If one side is loose, all those dust particles would be flying in the middle everywhere.

you guys should go to this website http://www.appleserialnumberinfo.com/Desktop/index.php

and then post your info on here. It would be interested to see if they were built relatively around the same time... maybe they were part of a bad batch or something...

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
you guys should go to this website http://www.appleserialnumberinfo.com/Desktop/index.php

and then post your info on here. It would be interested to see if they were built relatively around the same time... maybe they were part of a bad batch or something...

Model: - MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008)

Codename: - ?

Build Country: - Your Mac was built in Changhai, China.

Build Year: - Your Mac was built in 2008.

Build Week: - Your Mac was built in week 49 of that year (December).

Production Nr.: - Your Mac was number 2548 to be built that week.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan

Build Week - Your Mac was built in week 41 of that year (October).

Production Nr.: - Your Mac was number 1054 to be built that week.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto

Build Week - Your Mac was built in week 41 of that year (October).

Production Nr.: - Your Mac was number 1054 to be built that week.

Do you have the 2.0 or 2.4?

Hmm... there doesn't seem to be any connection.

They were both built in Changhai, China ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.