PDA

View Full Version : Wifi Projector

klayman676
Feb 22, 2009, 03:10 PM
I will get right to the point, many of Sprint's devices (no i don't have AT&T), can be used as a modem for around $40 a month. I wanted to know if there was something, maybe a program one can put on one's computer or another device all together that I can plug my Sprint device into and use as a modem to project a wifi signal for my ipod touch. Any input is appreciated. :D

Pgohlke
Feb 22, 2009, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't use any thing but a router to connect your iPod to wifi.

MrSEC
Feb 22, 2009, 10:14 PM
I will get right to the point, many of Sprint's devices (no i don't have AT&T), can be used as a modem for around $40 a month. I wanted to know if there was something, maybe a program one can put on one's computer or another device all together that I can plug my Sprint device into and use as a modem to project a wifi signal for my ipod touch. Any input is appreciated. :D

Yes,a cradlepoint router will do just that.The price of the Sprint date card is $60 a month,but you can tether a phone for $40..I'm online right now using a Sprint ex 720 slipped into a cradlepoint MBR 1000,and have put many apps on my touch using Wifi from the router.

Check out a forum called evdo dot com.They have really good support with their online store,and have some really sharp posters that know EVDO really well.

P.S. You can tether some phones with the cradlepoint routers, you just have to make sure whatever device you buy/have is compatible with the modem you purchase.

klayman676
Feb 24, 2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the response, seems cool, a little pricy though. It also looks like the instinct is not supported, when you use the cradle point, do you use it as a home network or in a public place? thanks again. :D

MrSEC
Feb 24, 2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the response, seems cool, a little pricy though. It also looks like the instinct is not supported, when you use the cradle point, do you use it as a home network or in a public place? thanks again. :D

Home network.

klayman676
Feb 25, 2009, 09:13 PM
okay thank you, i guess i'll start saving.:D