PDA

View Full Version : Battery Strength?

Confuzzeled23
Feb 22, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hey Everyone,
I am planning on buying my first Mac in the next few weeks. I have a simple question. I am planning on having my macbook plugged in for the majority of the time I'll be using it. Will this affect the battery at all? Will it still have the regular amount of power when I choose to unplug and use it off battery power. I know of some people who have had their laptops constantly plugged in and now the battery doesn't power the machine for long. So, I am just wondering if having the macbook plugged in most of the time will affect the health or power of the battery.
Thanks for any replies.

Stetrain
Feb 22, 2009, 04:24 PM
The general rule of thumb seems to be that you should calibrate the battery (use it on battery all the way down until it powers off) about once a month if you don't run it that low otherwise.

Patriks7
Feb 22, 2009, 05:00 PM
Hey Everyone,
I am planning on buying my first Mac in the next few weeks. I have a simple question. I am planning on having my macbook plugged in for the majority of the time I'll be using it. Will this affect the battery at all? Will it still have the regular amount of power when I choose to unplug and use it off battery power. I know of some people who have had their laptops constantly plugged in and now the battery doesn't power the machine for long. So, I am just wondering if having the macbook plugged in most of the time will affect the health or power of the battery.
Thanks for any replies.

Yes it will, but it won't be significant. Ideally, you could have your MacBook unplugged and then plug it in, so you will be constantly cycling it and having a good battery life :p