Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cap41

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Is there a way to watch something streamed to my computer. IE HulU. on my ATV. I would like to stream a program and watch it on my tv.

iSaygoodbye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
a boat
you can watch hulu by hacking your atv but there isnt any other way besides that

edit: forgot hulu is gone from boxee. so no way

Cap41

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Could someone explain how to hack ATV, also what is boxee

dmm219

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Boxee is a 3rd party software that you install on the Apple TV via a USB Mem Stick. Boxee has (had) the ability to stream from multiple internet sources such as Hulu, Joost, CBS and Comedy Central. However, Hulu has recently been on the warpath, pulling their content from lots of different places (Boxee and TV.com to name two). At this point, there is no way I know of for streaming fox, nbc shows to your ATV. You can stream CBS, Comedy Central and soon, ABC. However whether all this content will stay on Boxee is now a big question mark after the crap Hulu just pulled.

If the internet sourced content dries up, Boxee will most likely be DOA.

Cap41

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
got boxee working on my computer. Im in Canada, so i use hotspotshield to view on my Imac, But, I can"t get it to work on my atv, any advice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.