PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi cleric: 9/11 was a 'miracle from God'

Hemingray
Mar 26, 2004, 12:57 PM
Iraqi cleric: 9/11 was a 'miracle from God'

"I seek the spread of freedom and democracy in the way that satisfies God," he said. "They have planned and paved the ways for a long time, but it is God who is the real planner -- and the proof of this is the fall of the American Twin Towers."

Yeah, murdering thousands of God's creations satisfies Him... :rolleyes: What a sad mentality.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/03/26/iraq.main/index.html

Raid
Mar 26, 2004, 01:46 PM
Iraqi cleric: 9/11 was a 'miracle from God'
"I seek the spread of freedom and democracy in the way that satisfies God," he said. "They have planned and paved the ways for a long time, but it is God who is the real planner -- and the proof of this is the fall of the American Twin Towers."

Hmm you could also take this statment as the cleric longed for democracy in Iraq; and in his eyes God is delvering that democracy by means of the results of the September 11th aftermath. Alone his statement doesn't condemn or support the terrorists involved.

Hemingray
Mar 26, 2004, 02:00 PM
Hmm you could also take this statment as the cleric longed for democracy in Iraq; and in his eyes God is delvering that democracy by means of the results of the September 11th aftermath. Alone his statement doesn't condemn or support the terrorists involved.

I'd like to think that, but read the rest of the article. Chanting "No, no Israel! No, no to the Jews! No, no America! No, no to terrorism!" sounds quite the opposite to me.

jsw
Mar 26, 2004, 02:09 PM
"No, no Israel! No, no to the Jews! No, no America! No, no to terrorism!"

Hmmm. A tune from, what, Sesame Street? comes to mind. "One of these things is not like the other. Oneof these things just doesn't belong." The last one, perhaps?

Don't panic
Mar 26, 2004, 02:10 PM

No you couldn't, especially if you read the entire report. Sounds more like an inflamatory speech, advocating an islamic theocracy in iraq and jihad against the west, the US in particular (the "rain starts with a drop" bit). Of course our endorsement of political murder by Sharon doesn't help either.

Raid
Mar 26, 2004, 02:18 PM
I'd like to think that, but read the rest of the article. Chanting "No, no Israel! No, no to the Jews! No, no America! No, no to terrorism!" sounds quite the opposite to me.

Well the "No, no to terrorism" seems to imply he doesn't think any of the aforementioned groups have got it right. It's really a poor article with nothing more than a few sound bites. They should have pressed him on what "in the way that satisfies God" means. It could mean anything from judement by a group of peers to killing of more innocent people. ...who knows?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is it just seems to me that all the groups mentioned seem to have the same 'holier than thou' (pardon the pun) and 'eye for an eye' attitude. It's at the point where they all try to paint eachother in the same radical brush, and at the same time making their own acts of aggression some sort of warranted (or divine) justice. Sitting down and really understanding eachother is just way past overdue, it's time everyone realizes that this hate and bias is getting them nowhere.

As one of my favorite quotes goes: 'Insanity could be defined as the compulsive repititon of an act and expecting a different out come.'

teabgs
Mar 26, 2004, 04:00 PM
I'd like to chime in and say "have you considered that when he says 'terrorism' he means the US invading Iraq?"

Because to them we're the terrorists. they're on defense.

JesseJames
Mar 26, 2004, 05:55 PM
Sigh. Old farts who think they know the truth. When they're nothing but old farts. Sigh.
At least in this country we don't take the elderly seriously when they become delusional and senile.