Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QUiKSR20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Neptune, NJ
Hello All,

I have an older iBook G4 I acquired for cheap and seems it will serve netbook duty pretty good so far. I noticed though it is missing the rubber feet / stoppers on the Lid / LCD. So when it latches its very sloppy.

I cant seem to find replacements anywheres online I have searched many spare parts sites with no luck.

If anyone has any insight as to where I can get these I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Are you talking about the rubber feet on the bottom of the case or the rubber stoppers on the LCD bezel? I'm almost 100% positive those are not replaceable and requires a new bezel to be installed.

The rubber feet on the bottom can be found on websites like ifixit.com and ebay.com, note that the G4's are a darker gray while the G3's are a lighter grey.

The (assuming it's a 12") ibook G4 LCD bezel can be found here ifixit.com and on ebay here.

You can use the guides at http://www.ifixit.com to fix/replace the LCD bezel.

QUiKSR20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Neptune, NJ
Hello,

I am looking for the ones on the LCD Bezel, I have come accross those guides and was afraid of having to replace the whole bezel, Maybe it wont be that hard to do though.

Im just tired of it being so flimsy since its not tight when closed.

Im gonna see if I can find any kind of rubber feet that may fit in those little holes as Id hate to have to replace the whole bezel just for this. iFix it doesnt have a BEZEL removal doc ( although they have alot of great ones )

Thanks for the links!

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
it's a stick up.

i fix/support lots of older g4 ibooks, and can tell you it's not worth the time or trouble to fix.

get some stick-on rubber bumpers that are about the same height, use a razor blade to clean up the old bezel bumper spots, and stick the new ones over the old holes. cheap, fast (2 minutes) and works just as well. best of luck.

QUiKSR20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Neptune, NJ
mynameisraj & uicandrew YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

Thank you so much, This is exactly what I am looking for. Im sure I could swap the bezzle but I would rather not risk breaking something for something so little like this.

Again thanks guys! Order is placed I love this little iBook for my basic netbook needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.