Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Hi,

I'm 17 and I'm almost done with my first year of Sixth Form (aka college). I'm looking for a job in software engineering and was wondering if Apple offer apprenticeships (working in the US or UK) for people located in the UK.

Any help greatly appreciated.

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
UK
It doesn't say how non US citizens can apply for the internship.... how would I go about that, post them a resume or email them one? It also doesn't mention non US citizen interviews....

Do you know how this happens, or know someone who does?

Thanks.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
It doesn't say how non US citizens can apply for the internship.... how would I go about that, post them a resume or email them one? It also doesn't mention non US citizen interviews....

Do you know how this happens, or know someone who does?

Crumbs!
How about asking Apple directly?

Send Apple UK an email or even *gasp* a letter!
A bit of initiative goes a long way…
;)

Blakely028

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Scotland
Crumbs!
How about asking Apple directly?

Send Apple UK an email or even *gasp* a letter!
A bit of initiative goes a long way…
;)

Hi there, how can you actually email them? I've been wanting to email them regarding a query, I've searched the site and can't find it anywhere :confused:

Anyone have the official email address?

loribird

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2009
apple apprenticeships

Hiya just thought this information might help you, my son is 18 he left grammar school with basic 5gcse but is computer mad in particular macs. he has almost finished a diploma in IT at local college, he went to a local apple repair outlet for work experience and they have offered him an apprenticeship, unfortunately this is not a typical apprenticeship, the government do not fund it at all or give any help, so you will need to find a local company that repair apple computers or provide support to businesses using apple computers and tell them of your passion, you could be lucky. The company themselves have to pay for your training via apple and they will have to pay you, but from what I can find out there is no minimum wage so you could be working for not a lot while training and have to think of the bigger picture ie you will be earning well in the future. Hope this is of some help to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.