PDA

View Full Version : iSight

Jeewhizz
Mar 26, 2004, 09:42 PM
Hi there,

Are iSight's actually any good? Has anyone got any video that they've captured using an iSight so that i can see the qualiy?

And finally, will it work over msn messenger?

Cheers :)

Jee

dudewheresmymac
Mar 27, 2004, 07:36 PM
yes the i sight has good video quality

no it will not work with msn messanger...

titaniumducky
Mar 29, 2004, 07:38 PM
Hi there,

Are iSight's actually any good? Has anyone got any video that they've captured using an iSight so that i can see the qualiy?

And finally, will it work over msn messenger?

Cheers :)

Jee

If you have a DV Camera, connect it by firewire and use it instead.

nhw
Apr 1, 2004, 04:49 AM
i think the isight is really good. i love it. i struggle a little because itz kinda expensive, but itz well worth. hopefuly msn can have video chat for macs soon~! yahoo webchat is kinda slow.....ichat is pretty good right now

JFreak
Apr 1, 2004, 06:20 AM
hopefully apple can make ichat work with msn...

Jeewhizz
Apr 1, 2004, 06:55 AM
Thanks guys :)

matt459
Jun 5, 2004, 11:02 AM
i have a question about the isight and im not really su7re where to post it. can the isight take still pictures that u can save on the computer? if so what is the resolution. also, can the isight record video directly to the hard drive without an internet connection. if this post belongs somewhere else, could soemone help me out? much thanks

mkrishnan
Jun 5, 2004, 03:42 PM
Does the autofocusing actually work pretty well? That in itself would be a huge improvement over the fixed focal length USB cams I've seen....

Darwin
Jun 5, 2004, 05:38 PM
i have a question about the isight and im not really su7re where to post it. can the isight take still pictures that u can save on the computer? if so what is the resolution. also, can the isight record video directly to the hard drive without an internet connection. if this post belongs somewhere else, could soemone help me out? much thanks

I guess the iSight has the ability to take pictures (only found this with iChat Pics though, maybe someone else can give advice there)

As for Video I know that iSight can capture video using iMovie 4 (again I have only iMoive to say, maybe someone else has another program)

Does the autofocusing actually work pretty well? That in itself would be a huge improvement over the fixed focal length USB cams I've seen....

The auto-focus is pretty good, I could place my hand in front of my iSight and it would automatically focus to my hand just like that :) :D

Of course it also controls the amount of light taken in so if the room gets darker the camera ajusts to make the picture brighter, pretty cool for a web camera :D

mkrishnan
Jun 6, 2004, 08:19 AM
I guess the iSight has the ability to take pictures (only
The auto-focus is pretty good, I could place my hand in front of my iSight and it would automatically focus to my hand just like that :) :D

Of course it also controls the amount of light taken in so if the room gets darker the camera ajusts to make the picture brighter, pretty cool for a web camera :D

Thanks! Sounds pretty good! Now if only it came in a model that matched the iBook more than the PB... :) I wonder sometimes if Apple should follow Sony's lead and integrate an iSight class cam into the PB's. Wouldn't that be sweet? Sony's lacks the advanced features AFAIK. But with iChatAV backing it up, it would be pretty killer app...

Darwin
Jun 6, 2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks! Sounds pretty good! Now if only it came in a model that matched the iBook more than the PB... :) I wonder sometimes if Apple should follow Sony's lead and integrate an iSight class cam into the PB's. Wouldn't that be sweet? Sony's lacks the advanced features AFAIK. But with iChatAV backing it up, it would be pretty killer app...

That is an idea but I've only seen Sony use it and also the quality of the camera would be lower since the camera would be smaller :(

Grimace
Jun 6, 2004, 10:29 AM

This (http://www.macmice.com/gcam.html) is what you are looking for. Completely customizable (is that a word?) recording - from resolution to audio and video compression.

Oh yeah - and FREE!!!!

matt459
Jun 6, 2004, 10:47 AM
thanks a bunch everyone. now...do u think that 40 dollar light that goes ont he isight makes a big difference. ( by the by, im definitly getting isight...it sounds the best). and, does that kill alot of battery life if it shares the same firewire port? again thanks!!

mkrishnan
Jun 6, 2004, 01:07 PM
That is an idea but I've only seen Sony use it and also the quality of the camera would be lower since the camera would be smaller :(

It would take some Apple ingenuity to find a way to fit it in a hinge or on the base or something and use z-fold optics or something to make it actually work. If it was just a fisheye lens I'd be all no-thanks.... :cool: