Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zuffox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
This forum needs some stickies ...

At some point, Nike+ will be available for the iPhone. There are a lot of known issues with iPod arm patch cases: The case scratches the iPhone directly or traps particles resulting in scratches; the case allows sweat to permeate and ruin the iPhone; or the case hurts your skin while running.

What case(s) will not have any of the mentioned caveats - and serve as an allround spiffy candidate?

ValientHimself

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2007
Chicago
I have an iPhone, but I do not run with it or take it to the gym due to its size and fragility. Instead, I purchased an iPod Shuffle refurb from Apple for $40, which is just $10 more then you are likely to spend on a case for the iPhone.

Works great as I can just clip it to my pocket and go, and I don't risk damaging my iPhone at the gym.

mik34

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
I have an iPhone, but I do not run with it or take it to the gym due to its size and fragility. Instead, I purchased an iPod Shuffle refurb from Apple for $40, which is just $10 more then you are likely to spend on a case for the iPhone.

Works great as I can just clip it to my pocket and go, and I don't risk damaging my iPhone at the gym.

I second that. The shuffle is great for working out. Wouldn't risk my iphone around meatheads. All I need now is a good pair of workout headphones. Can't seem to find any good ones.

oleegs

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2009
Hi guys,
I still feel the frustration when my iphone got its first scratch! huhuhu!
That is the reason why I changed my casing/protector to leather. very gentle to ipod and to my skin too. I like the way they stitched its edges that serves as design too.

EX1127

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2009
Louisiana
Are there any cases at this time that are good running ones for the iphone 3GS or has no one made this yet?

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i prefer a little belt that goes around my waist.... i try hard not to wear shirts that are going to give me strange tanlines (i.e. no short sleeves... sleeveless, racerback, tank tops, or long sleeves only! :eek:) i most certainly do NOT want to wear some arm band that's going to make me have a strange mark around my upper arm!!!!!

EX1127

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2009
Louisiana
I've been eyeing the Incase Sport Armband:
http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/CL56192

If anyone has a better recommendation, please let me know.

That is sold out so it doesnt seem to be very helpful but i wonder if it has something between the neoprene and iPhone i would like my phone to not get soaked in sweat if it can be prevented

i prefer a little belt that goes around my waist.... i try hard not to wear shirts that are going to give me strange tanlines (i.e. no short sleeves... sleeveless, racerback, tank tops, or long sleeves only! :eek:) i most certainly do NOT want to wear some arm band that's going to make me have a strange mark around my upper arm!!!!!

Well i usually run at night so thats not usually a worry for me

kelpi

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008

This might actually work. I never thought of this. I wonder if there is a "fanny pack" that securely protects the iPhone while keeping moisture out, keeping weight and drag minimal, and doesn't look too hideous!

That is sold out so it doesnt seem to be very helpful but i wonder if it has something between the neoprene and iPhone i would like my phone to not get soaked in sweat if it can be prevented

Yeah it does show out of stock at goincase.com, but I was just at the Apple Store this weekend trying it out and my wife looked at me with some concern and a raised eyebrow. I didn't have to say anything before I put it back. Perhaps it cause I'm a slender build and the thing looks like a launch pad for a rocket launcher!

Oh well, my saga continues....on search for a Fanny Pack. Yay for the 80's! not!

EX1127

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2009
Louisiana
This might actually work. I never thought of this. I wonder if there is a "fanny pack" that securely protects the iPhone while keeping moisture out, keeping weight and drag minimal, and doesn't look too hideous!

Yeah it does show out of stock at goincase.com, but I was just at the Apple Store this weekend trying it out and my wife looked at me with some concern and a raised eyebrow. I didn't have to say anything before I put it back. Perhaps it cause I'm a slender build and the thing looks like a launch pad for a rocket launcher!

Oh well, my saga continues....on search for a Fanny Pack. Yay for the 80's! not!

Does it have neoprene on the back :p i would really like something that kept sweat away from the iphone and still was light maybe a thin protective layer. Right now I am using my own design of a speck tough case attached to a nike+ iPod nano holder. I would like something more effective.

EX1127

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2009
Louisiana

Does it have neoprene on the back? :p i would really like something that kept sweat away from the iphone and still was light maybe a thin protective layer. Right now I am using my own design of a speck tough case attached to a nike+ iPod nano holder. I would like something more effective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.