PDA

View Full Version : Problems with iPod Touch

Sick`
Feb 23, 2009, 07:00 PM
My friend got an iPod Touch from one of her friends because it wasn't working fully and he was too lazy to figure out why. I have messed with it since I got home from work today but haven't figured anything out. It's not charging nor being recognized at all by my computer, no sound or anything. The only way I can get it to recognize is by going into recovery mode. Whenever I turn it on while it is not connected, it shows the low battery screen (Battery with a charger pointing to the charge symbol). Whenever it is plugged into my computer, it shows the charging screen (Battery with charge symbol). Resetting it does nothing, just turns it off, no Apple symbol or anything. When going into recovery mode, it takes a couple tries to get it to become recognized before showing up in iTunes. I had iTunes recover the iPod Touch, but it didn't work. It said that the Touch would show up in iTunes after it restarted, but it never did. I tried to recover it again but it still didn't work. I know it is not my cable because I have tried two cables, one of which I use with my Classic, so I know it works, and I have also used my iPod Home radio in an attempt to charge it, but that didn't work either. I am running out of ideas and I'd like to be able to get this thing fixed.

I just checked it again right before I posted this and found something new. I turned the power on and got something different than I usually do. I got some screen showing the charger cable with an arrow pointing to the iTunes symbol. With this being the first time with a Touch, I don't know what this screen means, only that it hasn't shown it before. When this screen was on, when trying to turn it off, I got the normal "Slide to turn off" prompt, instead of it just shutting off like it has been. It also showed it having a completely full battery. EDIT: I just got it to do this again, somehow, but this time it showed the battery as almost dead, even though I've had it plugged in for the past 2 hours.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me fix this problem. Thank you.

Ivan P
Feb 23, 2009, 08:37 PM
I just checked it again right before I posted this and found something new. I turned the power on and got something different than I usually do. I got some screen showing the charger cable with an arrow pointing to the iTunes symbol. With this being the first time with a Touch, I don't know what this screen means, only that it hasn't shown it before.

This means, literally, "Connect to iTunes". It appears when the iPod has been restored, and also when the iPod is fresh out of it's box. Now that this has appeared, you should do what it says and connect to iTunes, it may start working.

Sick`
Feb 23, 2009, 08:42 PM
This means, literally, "Connect to iTunes". It appears when the iPod has been restored, and also when the iPod is fresh out of it's box. Now that this has appeared, you should do what it says and connect to iTunes, it may start working.

How do I connect it to iTunes when it won't even connect to the computer? Whenever that screen shows, the computer does not recognize anything being connected.

Sick`
Feb 23, 2009, 09:11 PM
This thread is finished, I finally got it to work :D

EDIT: Damn, it's still not fully working... Whenever it goes into sleep mode, it starts saying low battery once I wake it up...