Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wfoster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Plymouth, UK
You know you have the ability to change your settings to stuff like Fish Eye, Wide Angle, Negative and all those others. I don't know how to get it on my Panasonic DMC-TZ4. Can anyone help me please? I've searched Google.

Thanks.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Those aren't lens settings. It sounds like what you're describing are in-camera digital processing effects that your camera may or may not have. Not all cameras have them because to most people they're worthless. I don't know if your model specifically has them. Do you have a manual? It would say in there. I bet you can download the manual from Panasonic even if you don't have a hard copy.

You can perform the same effects on a computer in most photo editing applications if you want.

wfoster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Thanks for the reply. I just looked on iPhoto for those settings you were talking about and cannot find them.

Is there any application that you know that allows me to do this? Free application if possible. Thanks.

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
Show me where it says you can have these lens settings?

It sounds to me like you're confused - these are lenses for DSLR owners.

Apologies if I'm wrong!!! :)

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Show me where it says you can have these lens settings?

It sounds to me like you're confused - these are lenses for DSLR owners.

Apologies if I'm wrong!!! :)

What lenses? He's talking about a point-and-shoot camera, and we're not talking about lenses at all. What he really wants is an easy way to apply certain digital special effects to his pictures. I mean yes, "wide angle" and "fish eye" also describe certain classes of DSLR lenses, but he's talking about digital effects.

I don't know where (if possible) in iPhoto you can apply such effects -- iPhoto allows for image adjustment, but it's not an image editing application. There's ways to do them in photoshop. I'm not sure what one-click options there are for this type of thing, I never have wanted such a program myself, but there must be someone around here who knows.

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
What lenses? He's talking about a point-and-shoot camera, and we're not talking about lenses at all. What he really wants is an easy way to apply certain digital special effects to his pictures. I mean yes, "wide angle" and "fish eye" also describe certain classes of DSLR lenses, but he's talking about digital effects.
Well he hasn't said that he's looking for an application!

wfoster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Thanks for the reply. I just looked on iPhoto for those settings you were talking about and cannot find them.

Is there any application that you know that allows me to do this? Free application if possible. Thanks.

I believe I was also looking for an application..

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
You know you have the ability to change your settings to stuff like Fish Eye, Wide Angle, Negative and all those others. I don't know how to get it on my Panasonic DMC-TZ4. Can anyone help me please? I've searched Google.

I think you and the other posters are mixing a few things together here...

Firstly Fish Eye, for some Point & Shoot cameras you can get a little fisheye lens adapter that fits on the camera to add a fisheye effect, after some googling I can't see any such adapter available for the DMC-TZ4. You can apply a fisheye like effect in post processing though with software like Photoshop, am pretty sure iPhoto won't do that.

For Wide Angle, the DMC-TZ4 supposedly already has quite a wide angle (only quickly read a description) built in, however for some point & shoots you can also buy a wide angle adapter like the fisheye, again this doesn't seem to be available for the DMC-TZ4. This is not an effect that can be mimicked in post processing as it applies to the amount of the scene that is captured when you take a photo.

Negative is something some point and shoot cameras can apply from on the camera itself however I saw no mention of special effects like that after some quick research on the DMC-TZ4, you would have to apply any such effects in post processing. iPhoto does have some effects built in like Sepia and Black & White but not one for Negative.

wfoster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Thanks for the reply and taking the time to research it for me. I don't really want to buy Photoshop. Do you know of any other applications that will allow me to do what I want to do?

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Photoshop Elements should do what you want and is a lot cheaper, try downloading a trial of it from Adobe and see if it does what you want.

leighonigar

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
Kind of sounds to me like the OP wants some dreadful tacky app that came with a scanner in about 1999. Did you have something like this before?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.