PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch Strange Artwork Problem

indy42
Feb 23, 2009, 11:40 PM
I have a bunch of music, and just recently this problem popped up.

Some of the artwork that is showing up on my 1st Gen 8 gb Ipod Touch, is not the actual artwork. It's screenshots from various videos that have been on my ipod.

The stranger part is, the artwork only shows up wrong on the screen where you scroll through your different albums. This happens with a little more than half the albums I have, including bought ones and ones I bought online. The ones replaced here have all been screenshots from an iTunes movie I rented, "Once Upon a Time in Mexico". Once I am on the now playing screen, and in Cover Flow, it's the correct album.

My second problem occured a week before I rented the movie.

The artwork seemed to be messed up as well, with the video shot of a video instead of the artwork, except this was replaced in the actual "Now Playing" screen, where you adjust timing of the song, see the lyrics, etc. This also is fixed by going into cover flow, it turns into the real album cover.

Both problems are happening now. It's not horrible, just very, very annoying. Does anyone know why this happens?

tucker61
Feb 25, 2009, 01:53 PM
I have same problem. When in coverflow (landscape) no album art is shown On 13 out of 70 albums.

When in portrait mode picture is from a video I recently watched.

Any advice would be appreciated. Would prefer not to restore if possible

MattGTO
Feb 25, 2009, 10:48 PM
I think this is a global "problem". I think its built into the firmware to replace missing artwork...better than nothing right?