Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brave5213

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
New York
Is there anybody placed their order later than 2/15?
what is your status?

43623609ik7.jpg

kremer4

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Order Date: Feb 19, 2009 at 04:45 AM PST

Not yet shipped

MBP 17/CTO
Z0G

Ships: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: Mar 3 - Mar 10

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I was looking for a thread like this!

Order date Feb 19th

Not yet shipped
Product
MBP 17/CTO
Custom configured
Ships: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: Mar 3 - Mar 10

ccie7599

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
At the risk of being redundant, ordered a 2.93GHZ, everything else stock, via EPP store on Feb 18- still showing as "Not Yet Shipped."

Here's a question- anyone know of any different queue or longer order process if ordering through the EPP store or Educational program?

For now, it looks like the order is a bit behind if some folks with 2.93s are in shipping that ordered after I did. I try to keep a sane head about this- candidly, I think we all get a bit out-of-hand and dramatic when our orders are delayed, or when I say "delayed," I mean "right on time according to the estimates given at order time." (yes, I'm looking in the mirror when I say that). At the same time, my order status widget has a wear mark on it :).

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I think the stock 2.6 models are being shipped earlier then the 2.9. I ordered from the ADC on the 18th. 2.9 everything else stock and still hasn't shipped. I'm hoping that the status will change from "Not Yet Shipped" to Prepared for shipping" by the end of this week.

apple2E

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2008
CA
Order Date: Feb 16, 2009 at 10:46 AM PST

Prepared for Shipment
Product / Part No.
Qty

MBP 17/CTO
Z0G5

Custom configuration| Show
Recycling Fee
Ships: Feb 26
Delivers: Mar 3

Originally it said ships March 17 and Delivers the 20th. It's been on "prepared for over a day".

Tomb01

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
Colleyville, TX
Ordered Feb 9th

Ship date currently mar 10, no other detail in the record. I did order via the corporate program, so am not certain if that has any bearing.

philips

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2004
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Is there anybody placed their order later than 2/15?
what is your status?

I have placed order on 21st (matte, SSD). Confirmation of payment came on 23rd. (*)

But instead of promised "7-10 business days" I got literally three weeks - my order status says "expected delivery on 13-19 March".

I think they simply cheated consumers, making them believe that supply problems were solved and ubMBP17 are readily available.

(*) Standard in Germany "Vorkasse": payment by money transfer. Slower, since Apple had to wait for bank to confirm transfer (3-5 business days), yet safer since I do not have to give them my CC.

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
But instead of promised "7-10 business days" I got literally three weeks - my order status says "expected delivery on 13-19 March".

I think they simply cheated consumers, making them believe that supply problems were solved and ubMBP17 are readily available.

I think there is a large backlog on matte display orders. I am not aware of anyone who has received one.

nopassn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
Kansas City
Ordered stock configuration 5 minutes ago. ships 5-7 days, delivers March 5-11th. I opted in for 2-3 day shipping...

(I had ordered back in January, but then when they pushed it out, I said screw it, a 15" will be fine. I've had the 15" a couple of weeks, but I want the 17" - so if anyone wants a two-three week old 15" 2.53, let me know)

brave5213

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
New York
i just get a phone call from my bank, and they said "apple charged you twice" :eek:

i called apple and asked them "what the @#$% is this?" they said "no, this just an authorization"

is this normal?

nopassn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
Kansas City
i didnt have the choice of delivery to the UK. it says:
Shipping Method:
Merge in Transit GB

is there any way to accelerate the process?

You'd have to call them at this point, I think... when I ordered there was the standard, free shipping and then the option of checking 2-3 day shipping, for $18.

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
i just get a phone call from my bank, and they said "apple charged you twice" :eek:

i called apple and asked them "what the @#$% is this?" they said "no, this just an authorization"

is this normal?

There's no way that was an authorization. I think someone at Apple hit the "debit account" button twice!!! Did your status change? Mine is still the same not yet shipped.

nopassn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
Kansas City
I just checked my bank card out... I've got a pre-auth for the purchase amount, and then I've got two pre-authorizations for $1 each...

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
I just checked my bank card out... I've got a pre-auth for the purchase amount, and then I've got two pre-authorizations for $1 each...

Don't settle for anything less than your money back. You have bank statements to prove money coming out of your account, Apple don't have a leg to stand on in this instance. Give em hell :p

nopassn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
Kansas City
Don't settle for anything less than your money back. You have bank statements to prove money coming out of your account, Apple don't have a leg to stand on in this instance. Give em hell :p

I think brave5213 should be the one concerned... he's the one they charged twice... Apple is just in to me for $2... which I'm sure will go away when the charge actually clears through...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.