Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giyad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
I was wondering if there is any built in or simple way to control my desktop pc (which is running vista 32bit) via my macbook running on OSX 10.5.6?

I have heard of LogMeIn but I feel like there should be an easier built in way, I know on Windows you have a program to connect to other computers remotely... haven't ever used it though

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Well personally, I LOVE LogMeIn, but the only other method would be to enable VNC on your PC... although admittedly, I don't know of any VNC programs on the PC. From there, if the PC is on your network, you may be able to connect to it from the Shared list of computers in the Mac OS X Finder.

Otherwise you could try Apple Remote Desktop.

giyad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007

Thanks im gonna check it out now!

Well personally, I LOVE LogMeIn, but the only other method would be to enable VNC on your PC... although admittedly, I don't know of any VNC programs on the PC. From there, if the PC is on your network, you may be able to connect to it from the Shared list of computers in the Mac OS X Finder.

Otherwise you could try Apple Remote Desktop.

Thanks, yeah LogMeIn looks nice but i prefer to use just a basic app that won't request me buying a pro version... apple remote desktop is too expensive also

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.