PDA

View Full Version : music lyrics for itouch

thansher01
Feb 24, 2009, 08:31 PM
hi. i tried to insert lyrics but its not working (2nd gen version 2.2.1). hope you can assist me. thanks alot:)

Night Spring
Feb 24, 2009, 08:47 PM
How did you try to insert the lyrics? In itunes or another program?

thansher01
Feb 24, 2009, 08:57 PM
How did you try to insert the lyrics? In itunes or another program?

Directly using the iTunes I right click the song where you like to put the lyrics. Clicked "Get Info" and there`s a tab there which says "Lyrics". I copy-paste the lyrics synced it but when i check the song on my itouch tap the screen but nothing happened. no lyrics was found.

Night Spring
Feb 24, 2009, 09:32 PM
Directly using the iTunes I right click the song where you like to put the lyrics. Clicked "Get Info" and there`s a tab there which says "Lyrics". I copy-paste the lyrics synced it but when i check the song on my itouch tap the screen but nothing happened. no lyrics was found.

You have to tap once on the album cover while the song is playing in order for the lyrics to show up. The "lyrics" screen should also show other stuff like the genius button, the song scroller, and the repeat and shuffle buttons. Oh, and make sure you are holding the ipod in portrait mode when you tap.

Mr. Giver '94
Feb 24, 2009, 10:29 PM
There's a Dashboard widget I use to get lyrics called Harmonic. It gets them when you play the song on your computer and automatically saves them into iTunes and is viewable on any iPod/iPhone. Really helpful for me at least. :)

Mr. Giver '94
Feb 24, 2009, 10:29 PM
Sorry. My browser wouldn't reload (Safari Beta 4) so it accidently did a double post...

thansher01
Feb 25, 2009, 01:01 AM
You have to tap once on the album cover while the song is playing in order for the lyrics to show up. The "lyrics" screen should also show other stuff like the genius button, the song scroller, and the repeat and shuffle buttons. Oh, and make sure you are holding the ipod in portrait mode when you tap.

hey! i did it. i should have copy-paste the lyrics first on the music library then sync it. thanks alot for your help. :)

thansher01
Feb 25, 2009, 01:02 AM
There's a Dashboard widget I use to get lyrics called Harmonic. It gets them when you play the song on your computer and automatically saves them into iTunes and is viewable on any iPod/iPhone. Really helpful for me at least. :)

hey! i did it. i should have copy-paste the lyrics first on the music library then sync it. thanks alot for your help. :)

oriana
Mar 4, 2009, 01:38 PM

give it a try....I like it better than Harmonic, Singthatitune, pearlyric....tried others too. http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ipod_itunes/icliplyrics.html

basaltfd
Mar 6, 2009, 11:29 PM
i am current on everything updated on this rig?

wont do anything
what else can i do or download

Ivan P
Mar 7, 2009, 04:08 AM
i am current on everything updated on this rig?

wont do anything
what else can i do or download

1) What software are you running?
2) Is your iPod set to auto sync or manually manage music?

- If you are on software that starts with 1.1.x, and didn't buy the old update that included Mail, Notes, Weather, Stocks and Maps, as well as the functionality to move around home screen icons and add lyrics, you have to instead buy the 2.0 software update to get lyrics functionality.
- If your iPod is set to manually sync, you have to drag-and-drop the songs to your iPod in order for them to update to include the lyrics.

basaltfd
Mar 7, 2009, 10:36 AM
1) What software are you running?
2) Is your iPod set to auto sync or manually manage music?

- If you are on software that starts with 1.1.x, and didn't buy the old update that included Mail, Notes, Weather, Stocks and Maps, as well as the functionality to move around home screen icons and add lyrics, you have to instead buy the 2.0 software update to get lyrics functionality.
- If your iPod is set to manually sync, you have to drag-and-drop the songs to your iPod in order for them to update to include the lyrics.

i'm the latest softwre 2xx whatever it is
i jump back and forth on manual
i'm now on auto sync music when i connect.......what else can i do when its auto snyc to get the lyrics

Ivan P
Mar 7, 2009, 07:25 PM
i'm the latest softwre 2xx whatever it is
i jump back and forth on manual
i'm now on auto sync music when i connect.......what else can i do when its auto snyc to get the lyrics

If it's on auto-sync it should add them automatically.

If you want to see if the lyrics are on the iPod, start playing a track that you know you added lyrics to, then tap the album art once (what you do to usually bring up the shuffle/repeat/Genius icons), the lyrics should appear underneath said controls.

basaltfd
Mar 7, 2009, 07:40 PM
thanks

senter(left)
Mar 8, 2009, 01:48 AM

does anyone know if there are any programs like this for windows? thanks :D