Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeewhizz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
London, UK
I'm after a BT mouse that will work with my PB15" that is on its way. I would preferably want one that doesn't need me to plug a receiver or anything into the PB, and use the PB's BT connection instead. Optical, 2-3 buttons would be a necessity.

What would you recommend?

Cheers,

Jee

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
Jeewhizz said:
I'm after a BT mouse that will work with my PB15" that is on its way. I would preferably want one that doesn't need me to plug a receiver or anything into the PB, and use the PB's BT connection instead. Optical, 2-3 buttons would be a necessity.

Cheers,

Jee

I really like my Apple Bluetooth mouse, but it has only one button.

Logitech's bluetooth mouse has it's own dock/bluetooth receiver which must be attached by USB, defeating the purpose of bluetooth.

It sounds to me like M$ is your only good option.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I have the Apple BT mouse. I like it because it is small and light. Microsoft also does a nice Bluetooth mouse with multiple buttons and a scroll wheel, but it is much chunkier than the Apple one. I can slip the Apple BT mouse in my pocket on the way to meetings, which I could not do with the MS one. You don't need to use the adapter with the MS Mouse, but it is more expensive than the Apple's.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
titaniumducky said:
I really like my Apple Bluetooth mouse, but it has only one button.

Logitech's bluetooth mouse has it's own dock/bluetooth receiver which must be attached by USB, defeating the purpose of bluetooth.

It sounds to me like M$ is your only good option.

The logitech dock doesn't need to be connected to your computer to use bluetooth...you can use the built-in bluetooth. I'm using it like that right now.

With gamepad companion to map the buttons.

tekno_geek911

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I just ordered a Bluetake BT500...Not crazy about the blue color,but its small with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel...I'll let you know how it is when it arrives.

mx700_l.jpg

lasuther

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2004
Grand Haven, Michigan
Jeewhizz said:

Cheers,

Jee

I highly recommend the Logitech Bluetooth mouse. IMHO it fits the style of the powerbook better than the macmice. I've used it with my friends PowerBook and it is very smooth. It has had some very good reviews. Check it out.

lasuther

mrdeep

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
i have a logitech mk900, and I recommend it.

The extra keys are mapped to exposé.

The battery life / charger stuff is not a problem, i plugged the base station into the wall, just take the mouse off the station & start using it. The battery lasts for 2 days (~20 hours?) of usage (my usage is probably on the mid-high end), and even if it dies on you, you can put it on the base station for a couple of minutes and be all set.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.