PDA

View Full Version : Ursus Mark-VI and VII bear suit set on eBay...

iGav
Mar 28, 2004, 11:51 AM
What on earth.... :confused: :eek: :p :p

Sounds cool... I'll take it... wanna wrestle?? heheh

Canadian inventor Troy Hurtubise spent 10 years perfecting the Ursus Mark-VI suit of armour, which is made of chain mail, galvanized steel, titanium, high-tech plastic, and liquid rubber.

The suit was featured in the National Film Board of Canada documentary Project Grizzly, which turned Hurtubise into a cult hero. It was also featured on Ripley's Believe It or Not TV and in the Guinness Book of World Records, for the most expensive animal research suit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2996752666&category=1469

Doctor Q
Mar 28, 2004, 12:17 PM
Starting bid only $200,000.00. I'll check if there's room for it in my closet.

JesseJames
Mar 28, 2004, 01:08 PM
I remember someone on the boards said that one of their fantasies was to fight a bear to the death.
Man, I'd pay money to see that.

Macmaniac
Mar 28, 2004, 01:18 PM
If I ever encountered a bear that is what I would want to be in. Apparently the suit survived a fall off a 50 foot cliff, being beaten by 200 bikers and being run over by an 18 wheeler.

Dr. Zauis
Mar 28, 2004, 03:36 PM
Anybody see the Simpson's episode where Homer builds a bear suit?
He leaves the butt open so when he ****** himself it has a place to go.

Funny as Hell!! :D

Doctor Q
Mar 28, 2004, 05:06 PM
There was a SNL skit with a bear in a cage, and a woman who took care of it, and the bear has a gun and shoots someone. Then it turns out that the bear is a person who's been living in a bear suit for a long time. I wish I could remember the details, because it was really funny and I'm sure that I'm butchering the description. Does anybody know the skit I mean?

iGav
Mar 29, 2004, 03:26 AM
If I ever encountered a bear that is what I would want to be in. Apparently the suit survived a fall off a 50 foot cliff, being beaten by 200 bikers and being run over by an 18 wheeler.

what with someone in it??? heheh :p :p :p

evoluzione
Apr 2, 2004, 09:32 PM
what with someone in it??? heheh :p :p :p

hah, don't laugh, may well be. i remember seeing a documentary on this a year or so ago. the guy wore his suit and had stuff like wrecking balls (or something similar) swung at him, it was so funny to see him go flying backwards on impact, he flew a fair way too, completely unscathed. very cool, and very funny too.

Mr. Anderson
Apr 2, 2004, 11:24 PM
I saw the Discovery channel show on this nut job and his bear suits....get a big enough grizzly and he'd still rip you apart like a lobster, suck the good stuff out of the shell and discard you....

Guess he wants to make a little money - pitty anyone who actually buys this stuff...

D