Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsquare

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Ok, here is my situation. 3 weeks ago I bought a new 2.4ghz unibody macbook. I had it for just over a week when a financial crisis came up so back to Best Buy it went. Since I got a killer deal on a 2.5ghz 15" macbook pro, early 08 model purchased by a mac store employee in Dec 08 and I just got it from him. I now have it pretty much sold for enough for me to buy another 2.4 GHZ unibody macbook. Im a noob to mac so my question is which one of the two above mentioned computers is better? I do not do any video, music, or picture editing. I do however use cad software. Any help, advice, and opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Seeing how you're already in posession of the MBP, and got a "great deal" on it, may as well keep that.

Spec wise, they're virtually identical, aside from a better panel and graphics chip on the Pro.

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
yeah stick with the mbp. the screen size and quality is enough to keep it. The macbook would be fine since you wont be doing very intensive tasks, but overall the MBP is more versatile

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.