PDA

View Full Version : Oldest Bank Robber Strikes Again!

MrMacMan
Mar 28, 2004, 08:48 PM
BEWARE of the oldest bank robber ever! (http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/Southwest/03/27/oldest.robber.ap/)

I read this in my newspaper and then just found the CNN link... hehe.

Wow... how fast could he have ran out of the bank? ;)
91 years old... wow.

wdlove
Mar 28, 2004, 08:59 PM
That is very sad. To have been a successful business man and then turn to crime. Now that he has made history, but why?

crazzyeddie
Mar 28, 2004, 09:38 PM
At least he admitted to the crime and is dignified about it. :rolleyes:

Koodauw
Mar 29, 2004, 12:07 AM
Part of me thinks the "death sentence" he was sentenced to is fair, and yet I feel for the guy at the same time. He seems to have lost alot in his life. Robbing the bank made him happy. I would of had a hard time being a memeber of that jurry.

RandomDeadHead
Mar 29, 2004, 03:49 AM
In jail you don't have to:

A. Pay any bills.
B. Buy your own prescription drugs.
C. Worry about cooking or cleaning.

So to him it's just going to be like living in a retirement home for free.

wdlove
Mar 29, 2004, 12:55 PM
In jail you don't have to:

A. Pay any bills.
B. Buy your own prescription drugs.
C. Worry about cooking or cleaning.

So to him it's just going to be like living in a retirement home for free.

I only it were that simple. Unless because of his age they send him to one of the resort type. Still prison is prison, a rough place. :(

MrMacMan
Mar 29, 2004, 07:10 PM
I only it were that simple. Unless because of his age they send him to one of the resort type. Still prison is prison, a rough place. :(

They will send him to a nice Kenneth Lay prision...

You know with the flowing wine and the gold forks and spoons...

Yeah I don't really expect someone to pick on him when he is *that* old.

I have much respect for this guy, he knows what he did was wrong and he is still doing it anyway.

coopdog
Mar 29, 2004, 10:29 PM
Release the mofo, have him on house arrest. Jesus. It's not like he can do anything to anyone, no strength. Come on who knows what his brain is like at 91 he could be in some strange, "Im back in the 30's baby lets go rob a bank!" mode for the day. I really doubt he was at 100% of his failing brain power. My gradfather at 85 or so could move a round, do stuff but he honestly thought he was on a train and in some ball room or something. This guy could have honestly thought he was a cowboy and was robbing the bank to get his catlle home. The nurse forgot 1 out of 53 of his pills so he thinks he can do whatever. Give the guy a ****ing break!!

QCassidy352
Mar 29, 2004, 10:49 PM
my question is, why do the tellers keep giving him the money? It doesn't seem that he's threatening anything...

MongoTheGeek
Mar 30, 2004, 07:11 AM
my question is, why do the tellers keep giving him the money? It doesn't seem that he's threatening anything...

Tellers are told if there is a robbery no matter how absurd to hand over the money. Its probably a hundred times easier and safer than hitting a convenience store.

MrMacMan
Mar 31, 2004, 10:21 PM
Tellers are told if there is a robbery no matter how absurd to hand over the money. Its probably a hundred times easier and safer than hitting a convenience store.

Yeah the process is hand over the cash now, take the demands, and then capture the guy.

He might have a gun or worse you know... :confused:

I love this guy, banks ripped him off long ago... still getting back at them...

Classy.

jsw
Mar 31, 2004, 10:30 PM
Unless I misread it, this guy has never gotten away with it. Sad, really. I almost wish he'd get away with a few thousand....