Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
Can you call other Skype users and use SkypeOut?

Their rates of $0.06 per minute for VoIP is too expensive in my opinion for anything other than calls in other countries via wifi.

mik34

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
Can you call other Skype users and use SkypeOut?

Their rates of $0.06 per minute for VoIP is too expensive in my opinion for anything other than calls in other countries via wifi.

That's what I would like to know as well. I'm going to the UK in 6 weeks and would love to use Skype on my iphone through my Skypeout account. Has anyone tried it? Are there any hidden costs with international calling or will my Skypout account cover it?

I'm a little surprised Truphone would allow Skype calls, which would be free to Skype users, instead of having to pay their 6 cents/minute fees.

Anyone out there that has used Skype through Truphone?

mik34

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
Do people ever check for previous postings on subject matter......?

Actually,the ability to make calls is pretty new. Previous posts discussed IM via Skype, but not making calls. I know my account was updated 2 days ago. I contacted Truphone and they said the update was rolled out over time to avoid overloading their system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.