Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edblor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Is there anything in Windows that I should expect to not work as it does under Mac OSX? Backlit kb, iSight...?

MBP AI, 17", 2.16GHz

I did search, but nothing was clear.

Thanks,

Ed

theITGuy

macrumors 6502a
I have a new unibody MBP...the iSight works great, wireless and ethernet adapters no problems, the keyboard dimming controls and touchpad are hit/miss...battery life is very poor as well as temperature control.

Cheers.

-J.-

johndoe588

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2007
Upstate New York
Late Nov 15" MBP. Touchpad is fine after latest driver update. Sound is good, all connections work. Backlighting I can control with the Bootcamp control panel. The bad - fans don't speed up. Gets mighty warm when using Flight Sim X, but it does run well. Oh, and battery life could be better. But then it's not too good in OSX, either.

John B.

tdgrn

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I have used all flavors of Windows (XP, Vista, and now 7) and I have been able to get everything to work (trackpad isn't great but that's what mice are for...
If you have problems getting the sound to work in XP, PM me and I will send you something that I used to get the sound to work.

edblor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
TYVM for all responses.

This was exactly what I was hoping for also.

I personally won't touch XP on this MAC, but the wife will need it:rolleyes:

Cheers all

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Oh, and battery life could be better. But then it's not too good in OSX, either.

John B.

You might want to get your battery checked, as I (and many others) get 4 to 5 hours on average doing basic things in OS X.
I really can't imagine what more you could want. The IBM, Dell and Acer I had before, lasted about 2 hours, and I was very happy with it. Switching to my MacBook a year ago with 5 hours was HEAVEN for me.
But logically you won't get great battery life running a game on a battery; as a matter of fact, I doubt any laptop would.

redsteven

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
check your battery CAPACITY with Coconut Battery.

The information is available in Apple System Profiler as well (coconut battery pulls the info from there anyway) but Coconut Battery is awesome and allows you to easily keep a log of your battery's capacity over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.