Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macboyuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Hi,

Dropped my MB, i did have it in a padded sleeve (thank god) so damage is light. just a 1CM x 2MM chuck out the corner next to the CD ROM.

It works ok, just keep hearing a clicking noise every so often from the corner where it landed i presume.

Also the CD rom makes an initiation when being brought out of sleep which I dont remember hearing before so would be interested to know if anyone elses does this.

Hope someone can help

petemwah

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
sorry to hear about your drop, sounds like you were lucky with the outcome though!

my superdrive also makes an initiation noise when coming out of sleep or upon restarting, i think it normal x

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Yea the superdrive makes an initiation noise in every Apple notebook, so that's normal. Are you still under warranty?

macboyuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Ive had it since september so yes under warrenty!

I might take it into my local apple shop to get them to investigate what the intermittent clicking is coming from inside the shell...tried opening up myself last night but didnt have the right screwdriver!

Thank god it was within the padded sleeve, would be in a bigger mess if it wasnt :)

macboyuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
then i'll kick up a fuss and tell them to get on with some work rather than sitting around talking!!!!

thanks guys/gals for your help...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.