PDA

View Full Version : What is the official UT 2004 release date?

bnemesis
Mar 29, 2004, 09:03 PM
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but does anyone know the official UT 2004 Mac release date?
Amazon said March 31st, now says "Usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks".
I couldnt find a release date on Macsoft, and the Apple Store has 2 to 3 weeks listed.

Any word on when or if an update to the demo will be?

benpatient
Mar 29, 2004, 09:11 PM
never.

the whole demo thing was just a trick/tease to make us all wish we can PCs when the real one comes out (came out).

oh wait.

i have a PC...

invaLPsion
Mar 29, 2004, 09:18 PM
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but does anyone know the official UT 2004 Mac release date?
I couldnt find a release date on Macsoft, and the Apple Store has 2 to 3 weeks listed.

UT2004 is shipping today. Check MacMinute. :)

Vagcmyevad
Mar 29, 2004, 09:45 PM
To further confirm that it's shipping today, my copy is in the mail (and I'm tracking it now via UPS.com).

:D :D

aswitcher
Mar 30, 2004, 02:38 AM
To further confirm that it's shipping today, my copy is in the mail (and I'm tracking it now via UPS.com).

:D :D

I saw the minimum specs: 933Mhz, 6 gig HD, 64Vid AGP ram, 256RAM, DVD, OSX 10.2.8...

Does anyone know what the recommended is for decent performance?

javabear90
Mar 30, 2004, 09:10 AM
I saw the minimum specs: 933Mhz, 6 gig HD, 64Vid AGP ram, 256RAM, DVD, OSX 10.2.8...

try the demo... I think you should be able to see your preformace there.

ExoticFish
Mar 30, 2004, 09:12 AM
you can order it now or it should be in the store by thursday.

amyhre
Mar 31, 2004, 07:06 PM
Yes, try the demo. It will only whet your appetite but is well worth it if you find out after the fact your computer just doesn't cut it. I used a 1? Ghz 17" Powerbook, 1 Gig of Ram default specs and had no problems. Except the Powerbook isn't mine :( All in good time. Can't wait to try the full version.

KCK
Mar 31, 2004, 07:25 PM

According to the UPS tracking system I should have my copy on Fri. :)

Rezet
Apr 1, 2004, 03:06 AM

Read the thread below. I posted a couple of times there with some basic results on how UT2004 demo performs on my Comp. (specs in a signature).

LINK: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=65067

aswitcher
Apr 1, 2004, 03:11 AM
Read the thread below. I posted a couple of times there with some basic results on how UT2004 demo performs on my Comp. (specs in a signature).

LINK: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=65067

Thanks

Well I am awaiting a G5PB (and pessimistic rumors now say January 2005) hopefully due in June or August...hopefully that should handle it.

I sorta hope the new 17" and maybe 15" has a G5 and 4 slots for ram so I can get a decent amount cheaply, plus a 128 graphics card option...

Mencius
Apr 9, 2004, 02:05 AM
I have to say the only thing that tempts me to PCs is that, if you're careful when you buy, you can get a box that you can keep throwing new vid cards in for years. I hope Apple realise that people want to be able to buy a machine that isn't top of the line but has the ability to upgrade the video card further than 64MB, which really doesn't cut it for a lot of new stuff. If this were possible, maybe more people would use macs for games, and then more games might be developed for mac.