Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tadritchhart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
Vista wont recognize my iPod. It wont even charge it. Does anyone know where i can download drivers for it?

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
You shouldn't need iTunes to only charge your iPod. On my gaming PC, I have Windows Vista 64 bit installed without any version of iTunes, and it charges and is even recognized in Windows explorer. Make sure you're plugging it up into a USB 2.0 slot, not 1.1. Also, try plugging it up to USB ports on the back of your computer.

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
Wait a sec... Is this Windows Vista 64-bit? Or is it Windows 7 (most likely the public beta)?

Perhaps Apple has intentionally limited its software to only work with released versions of Windows?

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
I have Vista 64 bit running as my primary machine and have had no issues, I have the Windows 7 public beta but only in a virtual machine so I can't test that for you.

If you really are using Windows 7 I would suggest going to the Microsoft forums to see what is being reported.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.