Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'm a Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Even though I can successfully test my app on my device, and the build log says that the app was successfully codesigned, I still get the "Codesign verification build after I try to upload my app with application loader" And yes, I use finder to manually compress the binary.

The build results include both the embedded mobile provision line, and the Codesign line included in the instructions. Why is applicationloader still telling me that the codesign verificatication failed?

For the project setting: I have Code Signing Identity set to "iPhone Distribution" For my target setting for Distribution, both code sign identity and the "any device" are set to my mobile provision which now says iPhone Distribution: My Name.

I tried modifying it by looking a tips I found online, such as changing the project setting to iPhone Distribution, and changing the target setting to iPhone distribution instead of iphone developer, but I'm still getting these error messages. Any idea why?

jbellanca

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
I know this probably isn't helpful, but I've had this exact issue even since upgrading to 2.21, never before. Now, it happens constantly. The only "fix" I have come across, if you can call it that, is to keep trying... eventually, iTunesConnect will accept a build, maybe 1/20 tries.

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
It use to happen to me also and i bust my brains out for a whole weekend trying to get the code sign to work.

But i broke it down to a science. In Xcode there are two ways to add the "My Iphone Distribution Profile" You must set it in the Project "Edit Settings" and the "Target". You have to set 2 of the same profiles. I don't know why but

After that it should work like a charm. I never had a problem after that.

Good luck

I'm a Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
I did that. I set the Code signing identity for all configurations as my provisioning profile, which says iPhone Developer: My Name, and then for the target, i set it for the same exact thing. Still not working.

I attached an error log I found every time I try to use application loader.

Attachments

• Failed.jpg
    Failed.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 663

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Click "Edit Project Settings" in the Project Menu

1_8.png

Make sure you see the "My Iphone Profile" and click it

2_2.png

Now go to "Targets" and click "Get info"

3_6.png

Now Make sure you see the "Iphone Profile" and click it again

4_4.png

Everything Should Code sign now

I'm a Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
The odd thing is, everything code signs in the first place. I get the correct build results from xcode, and it works fine on my device. It's just an application loader issue. And btw, in later versions of Xcode, code sign provisioning profile is merged with code signing identity. But yes, I followed your instructions, and the same idiotic application loader error Arghh!

john3478

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
I got exactly the same problem

The odd thing is, everything code signs in the first place. I get the correct build results from xcode, and it works fine on my device. It's just an application loader issue. And btw, in later versions of Xcode, code sign provisioning profile is merged with code signing identity. But yes, I followed your instructions, and the same idiotic application loader error Arghh!

I got exactly the same problem. I wonder may be no body ever successfully uploading using application loader

I'm a Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
I finally figured it out. I feel like such an idiot. I was using a development profile, and not a distribution profile. How I couldn't realize that is beyond me. But, everyone makes mistakes. Thanks for all of your help everyone.

Also, for bank info, do they actually want to you put your bank's address for Bank info? Is that necessary?

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
Your first clue shoulda been that the build worked on your device :) A distribution build will not work on any device until Apple has encoded it. Caused me a lotta hassle back in the day, that I couldn't test the final build that got submitted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.