Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMan7521

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
So, I'm wanting to put an alert badge, or two, inside of an application instead of on the image in the dock. The best example would be in iTunes under the TV Shows section where there are "Blue" number badges on the shows. How would I go about adding these badges? Also, if possible I would like to have two badges on a single image/box. Ideally, I would like to have an image with a number badge in the top left hand corner and a yellow exclamation point in the bottom right hand corner. Any help on this would be great.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I don't know if Apple provides the badge image outside the Dock. You might just have to design a badge background in Photoshop, then create an NSImageView with that background, then add an NSTextView as a subview with the count in it. :)

TheMan7521

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
That's what I was thinking but, I was hoping there was a built in API for it just to make things a bit easier. This is still open for discussion if anyone else has some better ideas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.