Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justibackwardsn

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
Why would Apple hold the event the month BEFORE they release the desktops? They would release them that day if not the next.

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
THERE'S A QUESTION MARK. THIS IS NOT PROOF.

Yes, I can get more accurate. When Apple actually releases info, THAT is when it will be accurate.

I hear ya, but ......... seriously dude....... buzzkill!!

NorrisKillsKids

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
So when do invitations usually go out for these things. 1 or 2 weeks before the event......more? Tomorrow I better wake up with awesome news confirming this.

Moriarty

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Well it's bound to be a biggie whenever the next event is.

iMacs. Mac Mini. Mac Pro. Cinema Displays. All well overdue for updates!

MasterNile

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
meh, it's not impossible, I suppose it could happen. I do want to see some new iMacs and Mac Minis, but I just got my refurbished 24" so I don't need a new one immediately.

Stuart in Oz

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Straining my memory, but Apple don't usually give much notice of their events, do they?

10 days or so is about all they usually offer - enough for the journalists to organise their flights and hotels, not enough for the buzz to die down between invitation and event.

So expect to hear about it around the 14th of the month?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Straining my memory, but Apple don't usually give much notice of their events, do they?

10 days or so is about all they usually offer - enough for the journalists to organise their flights and hotels, not enough for the buzz to die down between invitation and event.

That's enough for me. It's better than silent update which never came

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Event on March 24th? Other Products Maybe Sooner?

The big story circulating around the internet this weekend was the possibility of a March 24th Apple Media event. The date was based on a couple of anonymous reports from World of Apple and My Apple Guide. While the date seems plausible, neither site has any particular track record for accurately predicting Apple's future plans.

Still, it adds to the growing number of hints and suggestions that new product releases are imminent. In contrast, however, Japanese site Kodawarisan pinpoints March 3rd (this Tuesday) as the release date for the new iMac.

While it's hard to place much credibility in one report over the other, Apple is long overdue in refreshing a number of their products, including the iMac, Mac mini and Mac Pro. It is feasible that Apple could partially stagger these product releases over the next few weeks.

Of the releases, the iMac and Mac mini are expected to be smaller bumps that may not warrant a full media event. The Mac Pro, however, is expected to incorporate a major architectual jump with the adoption of Intel's Nehalem processors. Intel is also conveniently launching Mac Pro suitable Nehalem processors at the end of March. And in a final piece of related news, the latest Mac OS X 10.5.7 developer seeds has been revealed to already "fully" support the Nehalem processors.

Article Link: Apple Event on March 24th? Other Products Maybe Sooner?

phalewhale

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
Also...

Let's not forget about the other ACD's. They've been delayed waiting for matte options I reckon...

MasterNile

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX

Less time than that sometimes, for the notebook event last year they sent out invitations Oct. 9th and the event was Oct. 14th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.