PDA

View Full Version : New Apple Pro Keyboard?

gandalf55
May 31, 2001, 02:02 PM
http://www.ericd.net/pro_keyboard.html

mnkeybsness
Jun 25, 2001, 02:29 AM
hey that looks real!!!!!........

FAKE-any photoshop user could create that in about three minutes.

idiots-quit wasting time

gbarr
Jul 6, 2001, 01:43 AM
That Photoshopped image is pretty lame. Can you imagine having a keyboard that big? No, the new Apple Pro Keyboard and Desktop Mouse will be Bluetooth-based peripherals.
Most likely, the keyboard will still have the two USB ports on the sides so you can plug it into the tower to recharge. The mouse will probably have a USB adapter too, but only on one end of the connector cable. The other will have to be a smaller interface to conserve surface area on the mouse. Maybe they'll include a cradle for it instead of using a cable.
This seems like the most plausable future for the Apple Pro Keyboard and Desktop Mouse.
See you all at Mac World in NYC.

-G

Macwizzard
Jul 6, 2001, 02:41 AM
Good prototype, but it's a little big and that may not be what the apple PDA looks like.

ymarks
Jul 8, 2001, 08:42 AM
1) That PDA is the underside of a pro mouse with a OS X screenshot in it

2) Why the heck would someone put a hotsync cradle on a keyboard????

PowerUser86
Jul 8, 2001, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I saw that a few weeks ago. It sounds improbable, but the concept, I think, is pretty cool. A few times I've had my visor hooked up to my mac, and someone walks by and the next thing I know, it is on the floor in pieces. A cable-less hotsync cradle would be really nice. But only if it could happen.

mnkeybsness
Jul 8, 2001, 10:51 PM
one more thing

i would like to know how many people actually would need a cradle attached to their keyboard???

especially since most mac users are students and professional graphics producers who have multiple machines..

evildead
Jul 13, 2001, 06:46 PM
I would need 2 cradles and some way to use it with my Lap top...I know, I know... I have to use a PC sometimes for software development. And for my NT box at work. the Cradle would not be that usfull... bring back the IR port like my Bondi blue iMac. One that works with stuff that is...

arn
Jul 14, 2001, 04:16 AM
agreed... if anything, it should be on or part of the main machine...

still... interesting concept.

arn

digitalrampage
Jul 15, 2001, 09:54 PM
CANT ANYONE TAKE A JOKE..

All the pre macworld tension is getting to you people!!!!

Apple isnt going to release that keyboard so stop saying they are wasting your time.

If people didnt make these fake little pictures now-and-again everyone on this forum would be about as exciting as a Snow iMac.

Everyone likes to have weird and wonderful conceptions of what Apple will do next..

So just marvel at the people who waste there time making up these pictures for us, AND CONGRATULATE THEM for making ours days all a little bit more interesting!!!

Good work guys, keep it up! :) :) :)

mnkeybsness
Jul 16, 2001, 11:17 PM
it's all fine and dandy, but can't people do something with logical thinking once in a while??

mischief
Aug 13, 2001, 12:20 PM
One of my favorite philosophers has always been Testicles. One of his favorite passtimes was masturbation, however it was his attitude that masturbatory fantasy should always contain the outrageous so the substance of real sex could be properly be appreciated by contrast with whimsical fantasy.

Chuckle, snort.......couldn't resist.

appleman06
Aug 13, 2001, 12:39 PM
you can tell the PDA is just a screen shot from OSX pasted on to the back of a Pro Mouse.

appleman06
Aug 13, 2001, 12:41 PM
Mischief, you are just plain messed up.

mischief
Aug 13, 2001, 01:35 PM
thanx.

Curiousstrngmint
Aug 13, 2001, 01:44 PM
This discussion is pretty stupid now. But what I would like to see would be wireless peripherals. My mouse cable keeps getting wrapped around everything else on my desk and then my mouse won't leave a corner of the screen, etc.

mischief
Aug 13, 2001, 01:53 PM
Yeah, nothing better than disentangling from peripheral cables to get up and use the John. not to mention the earlier reference to cable-yank. The problem is in the approach being taken: Who wants to change AA batteries in their mouse?

mnkeybsness
Aug 13, 2001, 02:00 PM
hey, if it means i've got a cordless optical mouse, then i'll change the batteries

appleman06
Aug 13, 2001, 07:43 PM
Wow...I actually agree with monkey on this one......never thought I'd see the day.......

mnkeybsness
Aug 13, 2001, 10:03 PM
i rule, sorry we got off to a bad start, i was in a bad mood, and i don't like seeing people be dumb

appleman06
Aug 13, 2001, 10:06 PM
It's all cool.

spuncan
Aug 14, 2001, 08:15 AM
Um if you just read the info bellow the pic. you notice that it says
"This was concepted and conceived in the hopes that someone might find it to be an interesting and potentially useful hardware release. The Apple PDA was found on the internet and is not my creation."

BarryWeber
Aug 15, 2001, 12:54 AM
Some incredibly talented artist created all these Dream Macs. These have been added to lots of websites claiming they are real.
Check these out you'll be well entertained and Apple might want to use some of these. I particularly like the trashcan design.
http://homepage.mac.com/benvp/

MrMacMan
Aug 15, 2001, 10:14 PM
All of the images are Nice!!!

CyberPsycho
Aug 16, 2001, 02:03 AM
Nice,
Try making it flip from under the keyboard
or slide out from the side, removable, left hand sided,
make the pda screen act like a track pad for the mac, while your typing phone number in the "Apple on screen PDA emulator " make the sync button a mouse clicker when you want ... use your imagination .

Kela
Aug 16, 2001, 05:38 AM
I agree with digital rampage. The maturity level of all you PC freaks and nerds/gimps e.t.c is low. VERY LOW!! The poor person just wanted to show of his photoshop skills or wanted to sprice up the forum and all you guys do is belittle him/her. Think different. NOT ALIKE!!!

- angry KELA

BY THE WAYS I THINK I KNOW WHAT HALO stands for now.

High Altitude Long Operation.

mnkeybsness
Aug 16, 2001, 02:20 PM
hey, at least i can admit i'm immature for my age

Gallifrey
Aug 30, 2001, 03:18 PM
you guys dont even read the site just look at the pic. *GEESH* they guy amits to creating it in hopes of it being a creative peice of hardware. It maybe or it may not be but he still amits to it.

gandalf55
Sep 21, 2001, 08:36 AM
a hardware manufacturer actually likes the concept so much they are talking about possible manufacturing for APPLE. i don't know if it's a goof yet or not, but you just never know. of course the keypad would be replaced with the cradle so that the keyboard wouldn't be any wider than the pro keyboard is now...

+-- e.d. --+

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 23, 2001, 04:36 PM
There are a few things:
1) The Apple PDA wouln't run with a full copy of Aqua. Depending on the speed of the ApplePDA the OS will be different. If it's fast like a PocketPC, it'll support windows. If it's slow, like a Palm, it'll always have 1 window open at once. The dock isn't likely to use magnification, but maybe.

2) The keybord (if it has a cradle) wouln't be built onto the keybord, it'll probably be a separate piece, like the old Apple keybord, which had a separate numerical pad. At best the cradle would have a USB wire attached to the monitor or something. Maybe it'd also have an Irda port so it could sync with other devices, like laptops, who knows. Apple should make a Airport-HotSync, to sync Laptops to desktops, and visa-versa. That'd be really easy to do, no hardware or anuything, just a small OSX application.

mymemory
Sep 23, 2001, 08:12 PM
Ugly keyboard, very inmature design, too much time in some hads. The kid just need to call some attention.

gandalf55
Sep 24, 2001, 03:34 PM
eat my pants. the whole idea is get rid of the external hotsync cradle. ya, Airport syncing would be KILLER for sure. but i didn't think of that. perhaps removing the keypad from the Pro keyboard would = the same width as the Pro Keyboard is now... just move the 4 new function keys around.

it got people talking. it got people to think of better ways of doing things. it got people to think different. if you hate the idea, fine. call me a child, an infant with stupid ideas. but sometime, someone is going to come along with something you put down... and it's going to be the "next big thing."

i wish these forums wouldn't get so negative all the time. this is about Apple Co. for Pete's sake. The bastion of creativity and free-thinking.

Sorry, but the next time I get an idea for something, you'll be sure I am gonna post about it. :)

mnkeybsness
Sep 24, 2001, 06:59 PM
whoopdeedoo!!

actually....good for you, but make sure that it's something useful next time

Macwizzard
Sep 24, 2001, 07:05 PM
If there was an iPad, I might get one of them, but who needs an extra cradle. If apple released a PDA, it would probably have a docking functon similar to newton.

Looks like a pretty keyboard though

MrMacMan
Oct 2, 2001, 07:43 PM
Yup is apple did come out with a ipad or what every it would be similar to a palm.